1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackberry Torch 9800 Help

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Revan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I got caught in a huge rainstorm tonight, wasn't thinking, and my Torch got exposed to the rain. When I got in a cab it basically just turned off on me. I think something broke about it and I dunno what to try. I'm going to leave it overnight in a bowl of rice but I seriously need my cell as I use it for like everything. I also just got the phone two weeks ago. I just ugh feel so stupid cuz like I got out of work, walked out of the building and decided to walk to the cab around the other side of the building. I don't know why I just didn't call them and say come here, but I wasn't thinking. I had a bad day of work and just wasn't in my right mind. I just feel stupid, one of those moments where it's like "if I could do it again"....ugh I'm just beating myself up inside for my stupidity...

2. Fusileer

Fusileer Guest

You should've removed the batter ASAP then wiped it clean. Leave in a sealed bag/container of rice for at least a week before trying to turn it on. Tech today is highly allergic to water so it may already be dead. :frowning2:

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I pray it'll be okay. I'm going to my company tomorrow. See I did wipe it soon as I got in a cab, like two seconds later. I wonder though if I shorted it because like the screen will boot up, the load bar at the bottom will slowly load, and then the screen will turn off. I don't know really if my battery is the problem or the phone itself. When I go to my company I'm going to see if I can like try a new battery before determining that the phone itself is the problem. It's in rice now...but I'm bringing it tomorrow to the company. The GOOD thing is I still have my old Curve so I can use that for the time being...