1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clean-up time

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Just Passing, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Just Passing

Lately I've discovered I have fun tidying up various things, such as my room and in this instance, my computer and anything to do it.

Part of the reason is because since using Windows 7, I love its interface and have now hoped to input this standard onto my nearly five year old XP and 500GB hard drive. Part of this is tidying up these and customising them more to my liking, which I never really did in the past and just accepted whatever settings Windows saw fit to give me.

Now I'm hoping to organise things a lot more than I used to (though it was semi-organised in the past). For example, I'm intending to present my music folders through the band and their albums in order of release date, instead of alphabetical like most folders and have the album art as the thumbnail, with compilation albums and non-canon albums as sub folders.

Anyone else go through a phase like this, or am I just adding more oddities to my personality? :grin:

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm doing the same thing right now, I am getting a new computer soon, so I figured that I needed to get organized so the file transfer would be easier.

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I love organization, especially when it involves categorization. I love the look of any organized set of... well, anything really, when compared to how it looked before I organized it. I once went through my list of bookmarks in Firefox and organized them into folders based on their purpose. Words cannot do justice to the satisfaction I felt afterward.

4. Just Passing

I've also found that the case when I had Windows 7. It's much easier to organise a new computer from the moment you get it then either organising it weeks within getting it or longer.

Hope you enjoy the process. :slight_smile:

Dude I completely agree. The satisfaction in particular is something I feel when I've managed to tidy up something. I spent about two hours on cleaning up my e-mails from 2008 to now and it felt so good afterwards. :grin:

5. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh an organized computer is a happy computer!!!!!!!

I love to organise my PC, currently busy organising my pictures folders. The music, movies, TV series and Software folders are all organized for easy retrieval... like my software are organised in catagories like the following:
    Drivers, DTP, System, OS, Office etc, and under each of these is again folder seperating the different kinds under each heading. My pictures and music folders are done the same way. My moves are catogorized according to genre.
    My music folders are in main catagories like rock, Rave, dance, easy listning, R&B/Rap etc and then comes the bands and then comes the individual albums each with its own album photos.

When ever i get new data i imidiatly sort it out when i copy it over. My motto is to always be prepared, cause you never know when you might experience a crash and then all data is lost LOL