1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite game? And what System?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Lucas16, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Lucas16

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just wanted to know what your favorite game is and on what system?
    Could be multiple!

Xbox 360- Black Ops
    Xbox 360- Modern Warfare 2

How about you??

2. N64 - Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time

3. Lucas16

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That game is GREAT! :grin:

4. TheWanderer

The entire Half Life series- pc (were they ever released on different platforms??)

There are so many more games I have played and too many of them are favs. But come on, Half Life just owns em all!!

#4 TheWanderer, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Without a doubt, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition. I did a 30 Day Video Game Challenge on Facebook that ended with asking what my favorite game was, and this is what I wrote for that entry.

Resident Evil 4 on the GameCube was an undeniable classic of the medium. It's gameplay was fun and strategic, it provided a legitimate challenge without being frustrating, and the sense of atmosphere and suspense it created were top-notch. It is frequently graced with the title of best game of the sixth generation of consoles (GCN, PS2, XBox), so I don't think I need to defend this choice. What I may need to defend is why I liked the Wii version better. Though most of my memories are obviously associated with the GameCube version, a few things make me like the Wii version more:

1. Content. The Wii version had the content that was added in the PS2 version that the GameCube version didn't have. More content is always a good thing, especially when it's content like Assignment Ada, which provides a lot more information about the plot and was, generally, a well-designed and fun bonus mission.

2. The control scheme. I know a lot of gamers don't like motion controls, but I liked the motion controls more than the GameCube controls. The main reason for this is that I liked the fact that you aimed by moving the Wiimote to change where the gun pointed more than the way it worked in the original game. Leon's hands were always shaking in the original GameCube game, meaning you would often miss due to him just not being good at aiming. This problem was relieved in the Wii version, which also gave you less ammo to compensate, but the end result was that success was based much more on your own skill than you luck with Leon's shaky hands. It also allowed for much more deft shooting, because you could quickly move your reticle from one place to another on the screen in rapid succession.

6. ChromaVi

The Fable series for XBox 360.
    Dragon Age: Origins for XBox 360 was good too.

7. Lucas16

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Half-life was on Xbox 360, i think, comes part of The Orange Box. :slight_smile:

8. TheWanderer

Played Fable II for the pc and was satisfied.

Dragon Age for the pc.... not so much. I still haven't finished it and really dont intend to. I think its because its a bit more linear than I expected it to be. Content and gameplay are nice, just not hat I expected when I purchased the game.

---------- Post added 9th Jul 2011 at 03:07 PM ----------

Ahh touche

9. Lucas16

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, i just haven't played much of it.. i'm hooked on Black ops at the moment, and waiting for Modern Warfare 3 on 11-8-11. :slight_smile:

10. Just Passing

Oh God so many different choices I could go with. My first real experience with gaming was with Disney (just like films, so I give Disney credit for getting me into films and games :grin:), starting with The Lion King and Aladdin, continuing on with The Jungle Book, Hercules, A Bug's Life and Tarzan. TLK and Aladdin are both Virgin games and fantastic for movie based standards. I like those just for the memories I have.

Then there's The Sims, which got me into PC gaming forever and then The Sims 2 followed on from that. I haven't played The Sims 3, but who knows if I will or not, but those former two were fantastic. When The Sims 2 came out, I thought graphics couldn't improve, but how wrong was I?

On the Game Boy, Pokemon got me into handheld gaming. I still have a lot of fond memories of playing Red and Gold, though loosing the data on Gold after four years of playing really depressed me. Still, it got me into playing games on handhelds nonetheless.

Then there's console based games. I had a lot of fun with Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, two wonderful platformer series in their prime on the PlayStation before the PS2 onwards days, where they were effectively ruined to my mind.

I enjoyed a lot of Star Wars games too, but my favourites were the two Knights of the Old Republic games, just for their storylines and characters alone. I'm not an RPG person, but these games are exceptions.

Rockstar have been responsible for some great stuff, Grand Theft Auto, Bully and Red Dead Redemption are awesome games with great storylines, characters, soundtracks, atmospheres and humour. Love them.

There's plenty more (Goldeneye 007 on the N64, Michael Jackson's Moonwalker on the Mega Drive, etc) but these are the most memorable. Favourite systems would be something along the lines of PC, PS1, PS2, Game Boy Pocket/Game Boy Colour and PS3. I still have yet to install some games, like The Orange Box, but I'll get around to it someday.

11. SlickyPants

Half-Life came out for the PS2. I think the Orange Box only contained Half-Life 2 and the first two episodes.

It was also slated to be released for the Dreamcast but it was scrapped at the last minute, presumabley do to the system going under. I still managed to "acquire" a bootleg version of the game and it seems to be pretty much complete but I guess technically not officially released for the Dreamcast.

For me I have a hard time picking just one. Some of my favourites include Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES), A Link to the Past (SNES), Ocarina of Time (N64), Pacman (Arcade version), Asteroids (Arcade or 2600 and others. Only played the former two versions), Mega Man 2 or 3 (NES, I can't decide which one I like better), Half-Life (PC)..

12. Lucas16

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Orange Box was also for Xbox 360, which i think included all of the same games as the PS2 version did, not 100% sure. :slight_smile:

13. Kso1995

metal gear solid 4 - playstation 3

14. nerdyboy87

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    All things Halo.

Xbox 360: Mass Effect 1 & 2

15. Elicitra

dragon age origins <3

PC or xbox

16. Nomad187

Tales of Symphonia and Fire Emblem Path of Radiance both for Gamecube

17. Just Passing

The Orange Box was never on the PS2, only on the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.

18. Raeil

I hate this question when I get asked and am expected to respond quickly. I've played far too many games and love them all, so it's rather difficult to narrow them to a single one. Even now, I have three possibilities in my head (now two) which are competing.... and they tie for story based reasons.

PS1 - Final Fantasy IX - Fantastic Music, amazing characters and story, plus one of the most heartwarming endings I've ever seen.

PS2/3DS - Tales of the Abyss - For being a fantasy game, the pseudo-scientific aspect of the story and magic is done VERY well. Plus, I absolutely love the voice actors they got for the dub. Battle system is great too!

19. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not much of a gamer, one of the only games I've been bothered to complete all the way through is The Legend of Zelda; the Wind Waker. I love that game so much

20. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors - Nintendo DS

This game made me laugh, cry, shiver, cringe, gag, think, smile, and want more.
    The plot twists to this day make me practically froth at the mouth due to sheer epicness.
    This is the only game I have played in which I would change nothing except maybe one of the rare grammar errors.

It's an absolute travesty that this game is so unknown.