1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macsimizing (Hehe.)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by kizza111, Jul 14, 2011.

1. kizza111

Sorry for the bad joke.. ;D (Get it, maximizing? macsimizing?)

Anyway, my question is, can macs actually maximise a screen? I've been in apple stores alot and played around with them and i've never been able to find a way to make the safari browser fill the whole screen. Or iTunes for that matter..?

2. Can't you just drag out the corner of the window and make it bigger? Is that what you're asking? I guess I'm not sure what you mean. My Safari window fills up as much or little space as I want because I drag the lower right hand corner and it resizes the window.

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

thedreamwatch got it. You can also press the little green button in the upper-left corner of the window that gains a plus sign when you scroll over it to maximize the window. As far as making it fill the whole screen, I don't think you can make windows go over the toolbar on the bottom part of the screen.

4. QuestionMark

QuestionMark Guest

Yeah, basically what thedreamwatch and Gamer am I said. I don't believe you can do this for Safari (maybe you can), but for other applications (eg. Pages) you can actually click on the "full screen" option, so all that you see is the window. I think it's under view or something (sorry, I'm on my PC now, not my Mac...) :slight_smile:

5. You can make it fill the whole screen by moving or hiding the dock in system preferences.

6. Tristar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The 'toolbar' at the bottom of the screen is called the "Dock" and you can make it so it only shows up when you move your mouse cursor to the area it normally appears. When the mouse cursor is not over it, it will hide itself and all other windows (for Safari and other applications) can be "maximized" to overlap that area and fill the screen (all except for the main menubar at the top). You can change this by selecting the "Turn Hiding Off/On" menu item under the "Dock" menu option of the "Apple" menu that appears as the leftmost menu item at the top of the screen.

Also, just FYI, in the next release of Mac OS X, many applications will be able to be truly "full screen" and even cover the main menu bar.

(!)

7. lulu165

lulu165 Guest

Just for the sake of a pointless answer, Basically what QuestionMark, thedreamwatch, and Gamer am I said

8. Shevanel

Chrome has a Fullscreen button. Go to view and hit "enter Full Screen".

9. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Now you can slap me silly and call me Suzy. There is a short cut key to do this, but as i have scaled down the use of my apple and the fact that we are busy moving and the apple is in some box of 525 boxes, i can't remember it or to go and quickly refresh my memory.

The best awnser is to search the apple database. I know some programs like the Adobe's line of programs, if you double click on the bar ontop of the program it will maximise to the size of the screen (like in windows), whether it will work for safari or not i can't remember... guess its from smoking to much weed...

anyway here is a website, that offers plugins for safari, if you don't have LION verion of OS X yet then this is about the only way i can think of now.

Safari Resources on J.Y. Design - maximize to full screen & more

if you want a browser that offers the full screen natively, then download either Google Chrome or Opera.