1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terraria!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Dragonfyre173, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Dragonfyre173

So I searched around and found that this awesome game didn't have a thread yet! For those of you who don't know what Terraria is, it's a 2D, Minecraft-esque game with a similar kind of randomly-generated world. However, the world isn't infinite, and it focuses much less on the creative aspect and more on the adventure/action aspect. Here's the trailer video~

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7uOhFTrrq0[/YOUTUBE]

It's currently on sale on Steam for just $5 to promote its new update, too~

2. Ridiculous

Hurrah, Terraria!

I just created a new character to play with all the changes. I'm just going into the underworld right now, collecting hellstone, but it is harder than before because it spawns lava when you mine it :|.

Also I died about 50 times in the underground jungle now that the hornets fire stingers at you AND poison you.

3. RedKnight

I played it a few updates ago, got the highest armour and since then it hasn't been touched... I probably should have another round at it.

4. Dragonfyre173

The new update cranked up the difficulty a whole lot XP While it's more difficult in a fun way or not, I can't tell -- potion sickness is just plain irritating when you accidentally eat a mushroom instead of your potion.

5. Ridiculous

Yeah had that happen a few times, was flinging myself around the roof of the underworld when a swarm of bats and a demon flew on screen and started attacking me. I thought "Oh, this'll be fine I'll just drink a poti- GAH IT WAS A MUSHROOM, POTION SICKNESS." I somehow still managed to survive though.

I do like the change though, makes it a bit more tactical and risky. Before you were pretty much indestructible once you had a stack of potions.

6. Dragonfyre173

I still think that potion sickness's duration should be determined by how much you heal, so it's still the same amount of time overall. XD Do you like playing on themed maps? Me and my friend have been entertaining the thought of making our own.

7. Ridiculous

Yeah different debuff times would be a good change, or instead of just stopping you from healing the next heal could be at 75% power, then 50% and so on.

I've only ever played by myself so only on maps I've generated.

8. Dragonfyre173

Ahhh, you should try multiplayer sometime, it's so much fun ^^

9. RainbowVampire

I wanna play this gaaaame!

10. Dragonfyre173

Well, if you're gonna buy it, now's the time ^^ It's as cheap as it'll ever get (Unless you're a dirty pirate >:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

11. Ridiculous

It's back up to $9.99 on Steam now, but it's still worth $9.99 (I'd happily pay twice that too.. already got 62 hours out of it).

12. Dragonfyre173

... Oh. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm slow I guess XP But yeah, I've gotten well over 100 hours out of it. It's definitely worth it~