1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extraordinary/Lucky Moments

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by VireBlaze, Aug 16, 2011.

1. VireBlaze

So, I thought it'd be neat/different to post about some really lucky, or amazing, or extraordinary moments in your gaming experiences where something happened that turned the tide in your favor or anything like that and was totally unexpected.

Here's one. It was probably around 8 or 9 years ago, I think, and I was playing Breath of Fire 3 for the Playstation. I wasn't really far at all in the game. I had gotten to the second fight with the Chimera in it's cave, and things were going alright. However, things looked grim quickly as it decided to spam Jolt a couple of times. With that, Teepo and Ryu were down. Rei was the only one standing, but he didn't have much HP left, and I didn't have any recovery items. I just was like, "Whatever, I'll just try attacking the Chimera and see what happens." In my last desperate attempt, I had Rei attack.... Unfortunately, the Chimera didn't go down. And so, Rei went down..... Lo and behold, though, his Guts revived him. So, I tried attacking again, and still the Chimera stood. I thought for sure, this time I was done. But nay, Rei was stubborn that day! He dodged the Chimera's attack. The rest of the battle, Rei was lingering at 1 HP, and he was either dodging nearly every attack, or being revived by his Guts. And the Chimera FINALLY went down. My nerves were shot, to say the least.

So yeah, kinda moments like that. Please, share your stories! No doubt they're pretty wicked! :slight_smile:

2. Zontar

Someone once told me they beat Doom on Nightmare.

3. Dragonfyre173

I got a Shiny Totodile in Pokemon HeartGold the other day ;D

And in Radiant Historia, the final boss just so happens to skip out on an attack that would have wiped out my entire team before I could heal.

4. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol yeah in Half-Life 2: Episode 2, there is this bery long and high bridge, in order for me to cross it, i have to first go underneath it, to the other side and switch of the power so the power field generators can go off line. Everytime a trian passes over the bridge, it shakes so bad, that you have to stand still and wait for the train to pass. There is no easy way, you have to climb structure, jump over ledges and broken pieces of an old walkway. In the middle you are at the highest. I totally forgot about the roof crabs or what ever it is called, and it caught me, as i was being taken further up with its long tong, i only had the bazooka, and was too close to it to just fire.

So i decided, what the heck, I aimed and fire, from a 150% i went down to 5%, and I was falling fast. some how i managed to move a bit forwards and fell hard down on a structure, while at that moment the bridge was vibrating very hard. Had to balance and everything. a head crab cam at me and i shot that with the bazooka too, but the event caused me to fall off the structure to the last bottom place before you hit the water sill a few hundred meters away. While I was falling I had about 1% left, but i fell on a health pack LOL

5. VireBlaze

Woah, wicked! Funny how some things can work so oddly, in a sense. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ESPECIALLY the shiny Totodile. How did that happen? Was it where you picked your starter, or did it involve a different method?

Holy crap! XD That's intense! How come you only had the bazooka?

Here's another one, just a couple days ago, playing Dragon Quest VI for the DS. So I had finally gotten to the top of this one tower, the place you have to go so you can be admitted into the Somnian army after getting a certain item. At the top, of course, I had to fight a boss. As the battle went on, the boss kept on charging his attacks and attacking me. They hurt. So I had to heal. When I got chances, I would attack. It went like that for awhile. Soon enough, I ran out of healing items and MP, so I couldn't use magic to heal. I was stuck at 2 HP. But the boss kept on trying to kick my legs from under me, which was supposed to make me trip and miss a turn, but he kept on missing. So I just kept attacking and attacking, and soon enough, he went down. I kinda sat there, staring. Then I began to laugh. XD

6. Dragonfyre173

I had started to soft-reset for it, and it barely took over a hundred n.n' I was on the verge of giving up too XD
    And another example (sorta), I'm doing a 3 heart run of Ocarina of Time. My second zelda 3-heart-run ever. I'm gonna need a lot of luck for this XD

7. VireBlaze

I admire and respect your patience. Wow. :eusa_clap

A 3-heart-run? Oh god. Oh GOD. Ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod. *salute* Sir, I wish you the best of luck. May the tides of good fortune wash over you. :thumbsup:

8. Dragonfyre173

100 resets isn't much XD I saw one person take 25000 resets for a shiny ponyta, only to give up after three shiny geodude..
    And yeah, I've done Wind Waker before, but I know that game inside-out XD

9. Ridiculous

I managed to get not only a female Cyndaquil, but a SHINY female Cyndaquil when I started, completely randomly (i.e. I wasn't trying for either).
    The thing is I hadn't played any Pokemon games for ages, and seeing as the Cyndaquil was the first Pokemon I had I thought the little tinkly sound when it was sent out happened with all of them, and didn't realise it was shiny. Aaannd I spelt my name wrong, so I restarted so I could spell it right... then I realised I gave up the shiny female once the new Cyndaquil didn't have the shine effect.

The only other shiny I saw in that game was an Onix. I purposefully sent out my HM-slave underleveled Pokemon to use normal moves on it... of course it somehow managed to get a critical hit that took off way more health than it should have and killed it.

The only shiny I've actually managed to keep hold of (excluding those red Gyarados) was a Gligar in Pokemon Gold about 10 years ago, and shiny Gligar looks pretty much identical to normal Gligar.

So my whole situation is actually an "Incredibly stupid/unlucky moment."

10. Dragonfyre173

I've had a similarly unlucky moment. My first shiny ever (aside from the Gyarados of course), a shiny Wingull that I swore I would never evolve, lost its shininess somehow when trading it over to Pokemon Colosseum. So it kinda lost its specialness. :<

11. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just before you get to the bridge, there is a huge house, a half build or broken down house, a large garage and lots of combine people you have to kill. Including the one weird guy with lots of poisonous head crabs on his back he throws at you. And below the bridge before you can actually climb it, there is also the combine guys you have to kill... and at this stage very little ammo, so I ran out of ammo... the only two things you have that doesn't use ammo is your crowbar and your anti-grav gun LOL