1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Leif, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Leif

Anyone else Really Damn Excited for this game? Game play just looks beautiful.
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV5XHPBRv18&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

And the Purity First and Augmentation Testimonial commercials just give me the chills. So well done.
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAio1dpebJA&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWmeBeRb1RY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

2. Ridiculous

I loved the first two Deus Ex games, but I don't know how long it'll be until I get around to playing this one. Especially seeing as Square Enix is being a dick and making it cost more in NZ/AUS than it does elsewhere.

3. Leif

I shake my fist at them. Grrr.
    Yeah, I have to order the game from the states since I'm here in Australia and all my systems are American. So it'll be a few months till I can play. Since it takes freggin forever and a day for things to ship here.

4. Ridiculous

Well I was going to just buy it on Steam (you know, the online digital distribution service that costs exactly the same regardless of where it is provided to) but then one day the pre-purchase price magically rose from $50 USD to $70 USD...

So maybe when they do a 50% off sale or something in 6 months' time.

5. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ever since I got the preorder for my birthday back in June, I've been eyeing it in my Steam library daily... I think I'll wake up at midnight to start the installation :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So far everything I heard suggests I'll at least have to play it a couple of times. My goodie-two-shoes nonviolent (or at least nonlethal) method, my "cynical but lovable rogue" style, and my rampage style in which I really stresstest those combat-augs :wink:

I love those Sarif Industries and Purity First trailers, by the way. Especially the purity first one gets the point across without falling into the "machines are bad, humans are good!" mindset.

That said, I'm still partial to watching this trailer over and over again:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIPrVB12CK4[/YOUTUBE]

6. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love Deus X and can't wait for the new one... unfortunately it will probably only be in stores here about 7 to 10 months after the release in the US

7. Leif

Ah, Love Steam but same thing here. Dang expensive. Smart idea waiting till it goes half off. Wish I would have thought about that before I ordered it.
    And that extended trailer is just Awesome.

8. SaphireMoon

about 2-3 hours north of the twin cities in MN
    I cant wait to play XD

9. MadSeed

MadSeed Guest

I haven't played neither the first Deus Ex nor the sequel (I know, it's a shame :icon_redf) but I really anticipate Human Revolution. The trailers, gameplay videos and other materials (I watched almost everything I could find :icon_bigg) look great! I hope the game will be as good as it seems. I won't buy it until I read some reviews, though.

10. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, it seems Steam allows pre-loading now. I'm not getting to play it before a week, but I already feel a warm fuzzy feeling knowing it's residing on my harddisk :wink:

11. Ridiculous

WELL I went and bought it!

But, instead of getting it through Steam, I got it at Green Man Gaming, where it is only $49.99 USD instead of $69.99...

However, they currently have the special edition at $10 discount, so it is also $49.99 (same as the regular edition). AND they have a promotion on for a 20% discount on all purchases, so it was only $40.00!

AND because Deus Ex is a Steamworks game, all they do is give you a CD key that you type into Steam and it all works as if you bought it through there originally!

So instead of paying $79.99 for the special edition through Steam directly, I got it for $40.00, aka half price. And to think there are unfortunate people buying it for $90 from a retail store!

Haven't downloaded it yet though.

12. Dominoflare

Dominoflare Guest

13. Leif

Oh Heck yes, that game is next on my list.

14. Ridiculous

Yes! American McGee's Alice was excellent, I was so disappointed with the recent Alice movie because it was so different. Hopefully this sequel is a good successor, but I'm not gonna get it until it's cheaper.

15. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Despite having an extremely busy weekend, I did get to play it a couple of hours.
    So far, I'm really liking it! The atmosphere is definitely right, some of the characters are likeable (or at east interesing in their unlikeableness :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), and I really do feel like I'm getting different choices.

Two things so far that really stand out (spoilered for those who didn't get past the first mission yet):
    - Man, this game is brutal in failure. Sarif calls me to the helipad urgently. I decide that "urgently" means what it does in any game: take your time to explore first. I get to the pad and BAM: al hostages were executed while I was checking my mail :confused:
    Since I do a "no reload" playthrough, this is going to be pretty interesting...
    - I really do like the augs. So far every one really made a difference. The social aug makes me queasy though. Just the fact that it lets you reduce social scenes to a matter of reading a graph on heartrate and pupil dilation, abusing character flaws my HUD helpfully displays, and if all else fails, just overriding free will woth a cocktail of feromones makes me rather uncomfortable. Not going to give up on using it hough :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: