1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Echroid - The EC RPG Project

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Rinto, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Rinto

Rinto Guest

[​IMG]

This is a thread related to the http://emptyclosets.com/forum/technology-gaming-soft-hardware/49960-interested-rpg-making.html thread also posted by yours truly. Please do check it, if you want to join the project or to post your idea.

This thread is created for those who wanted to join the making process of the planned RPG. It is open for the public to view so that other people could also join in with the conversations if they like to, or to check out things (and also because we don't have any other form of contact except EC). If there happens to be any objection to this thread, please just say so; I really don't mind, as long as this thread has done something wrong.​

Let me first start with some explanations:
    Q: Why name it "Project Echroid"?

A:
    Really, it's such a random name. EC (Empty Closets) + Synchronized = Echroed and then changed to Echroid.

Q: Why do it on EC?

A:
    I really liked to know if there were any people who were interested in the same thing as mine and I was fascinated to know there were lots on EC. I've decided to make the thread here since 1. so that anyone could see, and 2. because we don't have any outside contact like I've said above.

Q: Can I participate?

A:
    Sure~! I'd be more than happy to accept anyone who is willing to. But please, post on the other thread if you want to, so we could stay organized here ^_^.

Q: I have a question, can I ask you?

A:
    Yes, you can. If there's anything I could help, please just say so.

_________________________________________________________________________​

On this part below contains soon-to-be-posted content... (downloads, images, texts and more) SOON!

Please give your impressions first^^

2. DarkClarity

As I said on the other thread I would love to come up with a character or a story. Can I still take part?

3. maverick

I can help out with artwork, scripts, and level design. Conceptual design is about the limit of my abilities though. I can't do actual coding.

But I'd love to help, I'm an obsessed RPG fan from back in the day.

4. Rinto

Rinto Guest

Ahaha, sure, sure^^ You two are already qualified.

Btw, I suggest we make a movie-like presentation first^^. And oh, we need to start forming the database now....

5. Artemicion

I will be developing the following:

Setting, Background characters/NPCs, some concept art, 3D modelling and 2D graphics.

Of course I'm going to be only developing one world that will be part of the greater universe for this project. Once I flesh out the world, I will need some help from you guys to create a plot, characters and story.

6. Rinto

Rinto Guest

I'm currently developing character profiles based on true people, settings (the worlds), database (item names, weapon names, skills, place names, concepts, etc.). Also, I'll be responsible for at least more than half of the story's major plot.

With this widescale project, I'm expecting a soon to be sequel^^

7. Dominoflare

Dominoflare Guest

I'd love to do some character development concept art as well as music and sound design :slight_smile:

8. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hia guys... sorry been kinda busy lately with 3D studying so now I see I've missed allot!

First off Heeder13... cool thread intro! Simply love it!

Secondly, those who can develop story lines, please do so. Once you are done, you can post the basics here.

Thirdly, those who can do creative art, must check the story lines, and if they like a story line, contact the author via EC explaining in which areas your interested in (eg. Character development, world development, creature development, architecture development etc.) So you can get more details on what the ideas are behind it. Once done, post it here.

Fourthly, those who can do 2D/3D modelling and or animation should check content developed by the concept artists and choose what they like do work on.

The programming will come afterwards. But I do think if we do it this way, we will be more organised and know more what to do.

The music people... your not excluded, based on the story lines, if you have ideas, then by all means go ahead and create a few samples, post it here. The original story line writer should then check it and give ideas on how he/she wants the music to be. Use the concept art also to get a better feel of how the music should be. Each story line's music should be different (accept if the story lines are based on the same world(s) as the previous story line... then the music should have a similar feel, yet be different)

Heeder13, if you have anything to add, please do.

9. Rinto

Rinto Guest

Here's one bit of a story for the game:

The Evarion:

The Evarion
    Evarion (read as Evah-rah-yon)

The Evarion is the mythical creature which is the exact equivalent of Phoenix & partly
    the Valkyrie in our story. The EVarion is a guardian of wind that takes form as a very huge
    emerald-colored bird and also as a emerald-haired young girl.

The Evarion, as a bird, is described to have a smooth body that brightly sparkles at the
    strike of light. Its feathers are like the finest silk when touched and its skin,
    as soft as the softest cotton. Its comb rising from its head is elegantly brushed with the hue
    of a green sheen. Its tail sweetly flows down like the fine tail of a nightingale with colors
    like of a dazzling peacock. Its eyes are like carefully carved emeralds whch take the form
    of an eye comparabe to that of a fine young lady.

Its power is to bring back the dead just like the Phoenix, but without using any part of its body.
    The wind that its wings bring are enough to make the miracle happen.
    It's quite ghostly since it only appears to grieving women and to the nearly-dead people.
    It works like a judge that determines whether a person should be revived or not but it could be said
    that it grants another life to another just to make the grieving woman stop crying be happy.

________

On the other hand, the Evarion as a girl is more of a ghost than a savior. She is partly like
    the Grim Reaper and the Valkyrie and is the opposite of its bird form. Instead of reviving the dead,
    it leads the dead to the higher judgement. The girl has the same color of hair and eyes to its bird form
    and its body ranges from the body of a 4-year-old to a 6-year-old girl. The hair is quite wavy, turning all to
    one side. Her eyes are always slightly closed with no shine, like she's always sleepy. Her skin is very
    pale but has no feel to it. She wears a kimono and is holding a fan with the same color to its bird form's
    tail. In some versions, it could have a plume as a hair ornament. She doesn't walk and drifts slowly in the air.
    SHe has the cold aura in her.

The difference the bird and the girl form may have is their place of sight and their power.
    The girl could only be seen in graves and battlefields, where many could have died freshly.
    She takes souls also and make them surround her and right after collecting them, she leads them to the heavens together with her.
    Meanwhile, the bird only shows itself to places near people worship it.

The EVarion as a bird could be possibly seen on a night of a blue moon, perching at a specific tree
    near a specific lake.

The Evarion as a girl could only be seen when you are dead.

Concept:
    Evarion (Bird)
    -Altaria
    -Thunderbird legend
    -Phoenix

Evarion (girl)
    -An original concept.

10. Dominoflare

Dominoflare Guest

seems like a brilliant idea so far! :grin:
    one question, what exactly is the genre going to be eg is it action/adventure themed? light fantasy? dark fantasy? etc,

11. Rinto

Rinto Guest

The genre of our game is:

Fantasy, Action, a little bit of romance, Drama, Adventure (of course) and a little bit of Psychological (those mind-boggling situations that make the player actually "think" to what to do next)

Our biggest goal is to conceal values and lessons behind every character. It could be a lesson each of us learned from a personal experience. It could also be a value which we would like to teach people. This is with the use of a great irony as a start of plot. And when i said great irony, I mean that the world seemed like upside down. In this case, the dark elements turn good and the light turns bad.

I think it would be an effective form of instigating our goals. Any other thing you guys would like to add? I'd accept any^^

12. Rinto

Rinto Guest

Here's a complex theory for our story. I'm telling you, my explanation could get a bit confusing and could be branching t different topics so please view with caution to avoid confusion and a whole lot of laughter...:

(Zoom it, to view. Sorry if I may have done something wrong with this...)

For character profiles, I've decided not to post anything until I can trust everyone with the information I will give. Sorry if I maybe doubting you guys but I just want to make sure my ideas get to their respective places, and not be stolen to be used for another thing.

I hope you can understand me... I guess I could rely on you, if ever we could reach a definite number of posters and project staff for this. Maybe 10 or more...

#12 Rinto, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2011
  13. DarkClarity

I read the theory and I've come up with a character which I will develop and hopefully I'll be able to show it to you guys very soon.

14. Dominoflare

Dominoflare Guest

love the concept, very interesting :slight_smile: Already coming up with some good music and sound design ideas based on it

15. Rinto

Rinto Guest

I'm posting another set of ideas, this time, they are all unnamed and a bit biased so please do something about it if you want:

Anonymous Character (male):
    This character is based upon a Japanese urban legend I kind of love, even if it's scary. It's about Aka Manto or Red Cape/Red Mantle? which tells of a very handsome man clothed with a red cape and wearing a mask that appears in the very last bathroom stalls of girls' bathrooms that scares whoever goes there. He would ask you if you want red cape or blue cape (variations tell it as "paper" rather than "cape"). If you answer red, he'll slice your neck off and blood will gush out like you're wearing a "red cape" below your neck. If you answer blue, he'll strange you 'til your face turns blue and die. If you ask for another color, hands will come from the toilet bowl and kill you.

Though unnecessarily connected to our Mr. Anonymous here, he is based on this character. For our game, he shall wear a red cape too but has no mask. He shall wield a large golden dagger as a weapon. He shall be handsome and youthful aside from the fact he ages from 20-30. I visualize him having a blonde hair, quite long for a male (up to his shoulders but usually keeps it ponied) and a goatie. There should be some story that he could have been the rumored Aka Manto because he had a background of being an assassin by night and a warrior by day.

Please give him a name.

For his concept:
    -France (Hetalia Axis Powers)
    -Basche (Final Fantasy XII)

Anonymous Mascot (Animal, thought to be female):
    If Final Fantasy has moogles, Luminous Arc has kopins and Rune Factory has woolies, we should have a mascot too! I'm not so good at making abstract cuties so I had set a winged bunny for a mascot. (Please see concept below.) These winged bunnies doesn't have any gender but think of them as females. They often hold onto flowers and has tiny wings on the back. They are "messengers" that relay messages by tapping a person's head using the flower they are holding. They have a black counterpart, which could be thought as males.

Please give them a name. (I prefer a name close to the word "rabbit" or "usagi" in Japanese.

Concept:
    View attachment 4221

Words that we can use for the game (please make definitions for them, I'll include their alloted part of speech)
    --->synquinite (v. or n.)
    ----> grinsault (v. or n.)
    ----->Echroid ^^ (n.)

Please help me^^

#15 Rinto, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2011
  16. DarkClarity

This is just a suggestion so feel free to reject it.

Synquinite: The mysterious power to drain life energy from a persons soul. Though it's unknown how one goes about obtaining this power, it's widely known that it's dangerous and can consume a persons mind. People stay clear from beings with this power as it's rumoured that once they drain your life energy they can use it to fuel their power or even revive and control the dead.

That's my idea. Feel free to develop or make any alterations.

Btw, I still not finished with making a character yet. Hopefully I'll be done soon.

17. Rinto

Rinto Guest

DarkClarity, that's amazing~! Ahaha, it sounded cool with your definition. DId you have any basis for it?

Btw, no need to rush; take your time^^.

18. DarkClarity

Well I had my character in mind. But usually once I write something down, ideas usually follow.

---------- Post added 24th Aug 2011 at 03:36 PM ----------

Grinsault: The odd power to age. Beings who possess this power can age anything. People, food, buildings and even planets. Assassin's with this power are known to age the brain of their targets until they start to decompose.

#18 DarkClarity, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  19. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends on their personality. If people don't respond to quickly to their flower tapping, they might become agitated, possibly giving them the name Usagitate. I dunno, just rolling with some ideas. XD

--->synquinite (v. or n.) -ite has connotations of minerals, so maybe a special rock with unique properties?
    ----> grinsault (v. or n.) I think this sounds like an excellent word for a planet, species, or ship of some sort.
    ----->Echroid ^^ (n.) (Besides what you already said about EC and synchronized) This makes me think of...Echo and void... Maybe some sort of interspacial travel device? Maybe Echroids can be used to travel between all these "planets?"

Uh...the anon. character name... Aka Manto is similar to... Kale Menti...kind of....XD Mentí means lied so he could be lying about his past.

#19 Ethan, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  20. DarkClarity

[
    --->synquinite (v. or n.) -ite has connotations of minerals, so maybe a special rock with unique properties?
    ----> grinsault (v. or n.) I think this sounds like an excellent word for a planet, species, or ship of some sort.
    ----->Echroid ^^ (n.) (Besides what you already said about EC and synchronized) This makes me think of...Echo and void... Maybe some sort of interspacial travel device? Maybe Echroids can be used to travel between all these "planets?"

Nice. Nazo, I like your definition of the word Echroid. I can really imagine it.

---------- Post added 24th Aug 2011 at 04:12 PM ----------

@ Heeder13: I like Nazo definition of the word synquinite, so I'm going to come up with my own name for the power I came up with and present it along with my character.