1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steve Jobs Resigns

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Just Adam, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Just Adam

Steve Jobs has resigned as Apple CEO here is his resignation letter.

Bloomberg News reports:

PRESS RELEASE: Letter from Steve Jobs

August 24, 2011–To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my*duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit,*as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our*succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apple’s brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I*look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all*for the many years of being able to work alongside you.

2. Zontar

Man, how 'bout that? Kinda depressing. You can have billions of dollars and still...cancer is right around the corner ready to kill us all.

3. maverick

Well damn.

4. Hot Pink

This really shouldn't be a surprise. He's been getting pretty sick lately. Well, maybe Apple will stop dredging up old ideas from other people and marketing them as their own? Like when they came out with the iPod and made it out like no one had ever made an MP3 player before; or when they came out with the iPhone and acted like they were the first to make a smartphone; or how about when they came out with the iPad and said that it was the first tablet device? Just saying that Apple has made a lot of money by simply re-marketing old ideas. It's not that their devices are any good, it's that they're really good at marketing.

5. Zontar

>implying there's something wrong with that

To take something unoriginal and turn it into something original is genius.

6. Ridiculous

Yeah but Apple does do it in a bit of a dickish way.

I thought he stepped down ages ago? There was something a while back about it.

7. Just Adam

He took extended vacation alot o last couple of years after he had received treatment for cancer. Sadly his health has noticeably degenerated over this time.

I have fantastic respect for Steve Jobs and until I owned an apple product I never truly understood what made then what they are. They take technology that's been out for sometimes many years and optimise it for the public sector.

FaceTime is onluly video calling I had that back in 2005 but nobody ever did it. Apple used it's fantastic sales tactic and advertising and make the most underage ing technology useful and practical.

Their only problem to me is the tech isn't always most up to date but they get the most from the tech they have. And a fully optimised last gen is always better than a lacklustre current one.

Steve pushed innovation in design and marketing leading a generation that I think will define this centuries technology. Not man think back before apple but when they bought the iPod they bought UI's to the spotlight where they never had been before and created the defining step forward in computing with tablets that had not been truly recognised until the iPad.

I hope your health recovers Mr Jobs and you are with us for many many years to come.

Take care.

8. This ^

At any rate, I think we're all interested in seeing what happens to Apple now that Steve is not running the whole show.

9. sjg545

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He's still chairman of the board which is a good thing since he'll still have his hands in things somewhat. I'm really glad he is giving up his responsibilities at Apple to focus on his personal health. Even though he is leaving, Apple is left in good hands. Get well soon Steve!

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw2nkoGLhrE[/youtube]

Hehehehe

11. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

12. Fiddledeedee

We only use Apple computers and Snow Leopard... get well soon Mr Jobs (and if/when you do, give your employees better job security; there's a reason Dad took up the job offer from Mozzilla instead of Apple).

13. theJosephDean

His contract with Satan must have caught up.

14. Just Passing

Regardless of my opinion of Apple and Steve Jobs (which is neither good or bad), it is rather sad that he is another victim of an awful disease. I wish you the very best of luck Mr Jobs.