1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Android and Mac OSX Malware Increased Dramatically in Q2 2011

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Hot Pink, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Hot Pink

Android is the most popular mobile operating system and is currently dominating the mobile technology market share. Popularity comes at a price, as Microsoft would tell about about Windows. Becoming popular and dominating the market makes you a giant target for hackers. Malware for Android devices increased by 76% in the last quarter.

Mobile devices were not the only ones hit. A trend that began in Q1 2011, malware for Mac OSX continued to increase significantly in the last quarter, due to its continuing growth in popularity. This quarter also saw the emergence of the very first fake Anti-Virus application for OSX. Mac users without anti-virus are being strongly urged to install one immediately. If Mac OSX continues to increase in popularity, the bigger target it will become. This trend will not go away.

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok so Mac has no actual anti-virus thing? Cuz my bf told me he downloaded an anti-virus app from the Mac Store....

3. Artemicion

Erm...i think Mac OS does have an anti-virus app...regardless, if its from the Mac Store usually it should have been reviewed by Apple beforehand it hits the store...but I could be wrong.