1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Games that made you cry?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by VaultBoy, Oct 10, 2011.

1. VaultBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Are there any Video Games that made you cry like a baby?
    I for one cried a lot at both Bioshock and Dragon Age 2 endings.

2. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I was just about to say those...

...and also maybe I get a little choked up during some parts of Mass Effect 1&2. :icon_redf

3. SiberianHusky

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    omg gears of war 3 i cryed of joy when the evil locust queen was stabbed.

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My old roommate cried at the end of Kingdom Hearts, right when Sora and Kiri's hands break

5. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

Mother 3/ Earthbound 2

OMFG I have never cried so much in my entire life! My face was red and all icky with like tears and boogers and I was just like hyperventalating it was pretty much ridiculous that game was so sad and tragic in every single part but the ending just killed me :'( I don't think I will ever play a sadder game in my life. Even now everythime I hear like main song of the game my eyes get watery >_> for a game it had a pretty deep meaning and powerful storyline

6. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Metal Gear Solid 1, 3, and 4 all brought me very close to tears. In 3, it was the ending, particularly the very end of the final cutscene, when all of the emotion of the scene and the awe-inspiring nature of the plot come together in a beautiful way. In 4, the first time I played through it, I came close to crying several times during the ending, and the final scene (followed by "Here's To You" by Lisbeth Scott) still brings me close to tears. In 1, it was at the point in the game where the plot goes in one of two directions, depending on a significant choice you made. I made the worse choice once, because you have to to unlock all of the special items. I never did it again, because the scene that plays at that point when the plots split was unbearable for me because of how sad it was.

You'll notice I left Metal Gear Solid 2 out of that list. That's because the other three games in the series brought me close to tears; MGS2 brought me to actual tears. It was during the death of a certain character, and the scene that plays out where her brother is lamenting their family history, as well as the life she had to lead because of their "curse". I just couldn't hold back.

7. Bolin

I cried over a video game...but for a different reason.

I cried over X-Men: Children of the Atom because the final boss (Magneto) is hard as hell. I could only beat him with Cyclops or Silver Samurai by spamming Optic Blast and Shuriken/Hyper Shuriken (respectively). I couldn't beat him with any other character, and it literally brought me to tears. :lol:

#7 Bolin, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  8. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not any standard video games, but visual novels get me all the time.
    G-Senjou no Maou was a good one, but Planetarian had me bawling by the end.
    And for a game that lasts maybe 3 hours, that's an accomplishment.

9. feverdreamt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have cried at certain parts during the story lines and at the endings of Ico , and shadow of the colossus, and when i noticed the confirmed and hinted connections between the two games.. I cant wait for the last guardian!! I need to get myself a ps3 though >_<

10. Justsomefatguy

In Gears of War 2 and 3 the events surrounding Dom have definitely brought me to tears :frowning2:

11. Raeil

I can't really list all of them, but I have a few highlights.

FFVII - Aeris. I literally did not play the game for a month after I saw her scene because I would start crying again (admittedly, I was around 11 or 12, so it kind of makes sense, but I'm kind of shocked it took me that long to get over it)

FFIX - Pretty much every story scene. If you've never played this, it's well worth the few dollars it takes to get it on the PSN. It's a classic, and the story made me cry with joy, happiness, and sadness several times.

Mother 3 - Beginning and Ending. For a lighthearted modern-ish RPG, this game sure makes you feel bad if you don't cry.

NIER - EVERYTHING. Seriously, I replay this game because it connects to me both with sorrow and depression every time (not in a transferring way, but empathizing with the characters... omg). It's also the first video game to send me into a rage because of a story sequence, and then allowed me to take out that rage on about 100-150 easily defeatable monsters. Play this game... please, play this game.

12. djt820

Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing had me in tears.

13. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    FF X was very emotional especially when Tidus could never be with Yuna. When Sin came and destroyed Kilika and when Yuna was forced to marry Seymore.

14. BenKent

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I totally agree, that game had me sobbing like a baby. Agh, just thinking about it now haha.... when she goes to hug him and just falls through his ghost....ughhhhh

15. Eponine

I wholeheartedly agree when it comes to these two games. Mother 3 takes a turn for the depressing very quickly (but moves towards hopefulness by the absolute very end) and Nier continually bombards you with so many moments of pure tragedy that you almost feel like a masochist for continuing on with the game... You get hooked with the storyline and music so deeply that you simply have to keep going, which just makes you feel worse and worse (but in a good way?)

16. Tim

Tim

FF4 - Palom and Porom. If you didn't cry during that scene, you're not human. D:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xpJ1DH-C1g[/youtube]

FF7 - I honestly cried for like an entire day when I first got to the Aeris scene. (I was like, 10 xD) This is so... known if you haven't seen the scene, not going to bother linking it. xD

Kingdom Hearts - I'm not why, but I cry whenever I see the ending scene where Sora floats off and Kairi is left all alone. D:

There were others, I'm just blanking at the moment. xD

17. Rinto

Rinto Guest

Laugh at me, I cry at almost all Final Fantasy game I play.

18. Klokwerk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Amnesia: Dark Descent. Out of total fear and panic. There were lots of moments of me screaming and running from the monster.

19. Hot Pink

I cried when Aerith died in FF7. I was so shaken from it that I didn't play FF7 again for another five years.

20. I know it's weird, but I def teared up a bit while playing The Illusionist's Dream. It's just a little online game you could beat in an hour or less, but the message and the music got to me that day or something because I was done...lol

But anyway, i can't remember exactly where I found it online, but if it could probably be googled.