1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wooden motorbike project

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Dasc Crescent, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Dasc Crescent

Wasn't sure where to put this, so I put it here, hoping it qualifies as technology.
    yes i did say right, a wooden motorbike.

Yip, it has finally happened, I let go of the last bit of sanity I had left, and I shall be making a wooden motorbike in the December holidays.
    I will be using the wheels off a kids bicycle, and its brakes, the 50cc engine from a kids quad my friend has and never used. and wood with some nails and metal brackets, i already have chains and gears and what not
    now I know wood isn't used on bikes for a reason, but I am on a budget and wood suits my personality, and yeah, now i have mostly designed it all, in my head
    wood IS good for me because it is cheap and i can make it do all kinds of weird things and can mount anything onto it.
    its obviously not to get me anywhere since its not road legal, but close to my house is an epic cliff/hill thing, and the roads are epic, now ii go there on my bicycle a lot but its not the same. so I shall build this bike for doing that, it won't be fast or nothing, but it'll be fun and interesting. not to mention somewhat stupid and reckless, so naturally I am sold on the idea.
    It is inspired by those old school British cliff riders, load, slow, underpowered, uncomfortable, but is seen as the best vehicle to drive,
    I will have a similar design, using as little wood as possible, meaning as light as possible,
    ans yeah,
    so basically what I want is your thoughts on this bike, since i start building in a month when exams end. tell me what you think I should add or whatever.
    I shall also post pics and stuff as i build, unless no one really is interested in this.

2. darkpassionplay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    oh my thats amazing! i can help you with the graphics on the bike like stickers and colours and stuff...! post pictures on the progress!

3. starfish

Wood isin't necessarily bad. Morgan's have a wooden chassis.

4. Dasc Crescent

Exams are taking forever so I have done nothing with the project,
    but still, I will still post photos as i make it,
    i am gonna go all out with the ''home made'' look, and maybe pencil in "Firehazard" on the side :icon_bigg

5. vyvance

Sounds neat. Hope it goes smooth for you.