1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My PSP

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by solarcat, Nov 3, 2011.

1. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    For some reason, my PSP will ask me if I want to quit the game, for no reason whatsoever, as though I had just pushed the Home button (and my finger was nowhere near that damn button!). It used to only do that while playing Final Fantasy Dissida, but it's been doing that while playing other games, too. Is something wrong with the system? The last thing I downloaded off the internet was some Kingdom Hearts wallpapers, but they were completely legit, so they shouldn't be a problem. I haven't done a system update since I bought Kingdom Hearts BBS back in January. Does anyone here know what to do, or should I go ask Sony?

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try shooting some compressed air in the space between the button and the PSP casing.

I've had a similar problem with the analog nub on mine where it would create input on its own. It comes and goes, so if your Home button is in a similar state it might just be something you have to deal with. :/

3. Kso1995

I'm not sure whats wrong with your psp, and i doubt anyone on the sony customer support line will know also... they'd probably tell you that you need to send in your device for them to inspect.... but, no one wants to do that :frowning2:

4. Dasc Crescent

Oh, this has happened to a few things of mine, I think its just some dirt got underneath the button so its like hypersensitive, or the button is resting on the part where it senses you are pushing, in which case something like the angle u hold the psp can think ur pushing the button, just do what Nazo said, or what I did with my old phone, suck in the button :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: