1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LoZ: The Skyward Sword

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Aielar, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Aielar

So. Anyone else as excited for the new Legend of Zelda game as I am? I was at Zellers today, and saw the cashier putting price stickers on copies of that game, but she couldn't sell me one early lol :3

2. J Snow

I was just about to make this thread! I'm soooooo excited for this game. Zelda is my favorite vidya game series, and OoT and MM are my two favorite games of all time. I'm going to pick up SS once the gamestop I reserved the collector's edition at opens at noon tomorrow.

I have a lot of mixed feelings about the game. Obviously I'm excited just cause its Zelda. I'm not crazy about the graphics style (but that might change while I'm playing), and I'm really excited to see how it works with everything being motion controlled. I could see it being great, or annoying after a while. I'm glad its there because I'm just excited to see them doing something new. With TP they just seemed so afraid to take new risks. Plus, even though I don't have a 3DS as of now, I would have rather seen them make a new Zelda than just port OoT...

I'm really hoping for something similar to MM, where there was a ton of stuff outside the dungeons to do and they just completely branched out the story and game elements in a new direction. From what I've seen so far it looks like its gonna be pretty similar to WW though, especially with a flying over world, which is fine because I still think WW was better than TP in retrospect.

3. J Snow

4. Aielar

:grin: I agree the graphics might not be the best, but I can overlook that so long as the game play and storyline is as good as it has always been :slight_smile: I shall be getting my copy of SS tommorow or the day after that :slight_smile: Happy gaming :slight_smile:

5. sdc91

It leaked online and I'm a bad person who hacked his Wii so I've had it for about a week or so. Playing through it with my bf :slight_smile: We spend an hour or two on it every night. He's back in CA and I'm visiting home in TX so we're doing it over Skype until I get home. It's our little bonding time.

6. J Snow

Awww, that's soooooo cute. I'm jelly. My bf just kind of seems to sit there, pretending to be interested when I talk about my nerdy video games and books.

He's one of those people that will enjoy GTA and CoD here and there, but I don't think he gets what I see in Zelda. Which is upsetting because the series is like sacred to me lol

7. CrazyAntFarm

Sounds like when I was playing it Sunday night.... lol, my baby doesn't like Zelda games, so he politely got on the computer while I was playing.

8. Aielar

Lol I'm totally feeling left out xD I won't be getting the game until payday </3

9. CrazyAntFarm

Hey, it's actually pretty good so far. I wish the Wii was an HD console, but the game is great. From the very beginning, it seems that they building on character development this time around. I like this new direction, since it makes me connect to the characters even more.

10. zillymilly

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So..jealous.. I was d/l trailers of the game whilst in class tonight and watching them muted and my soul was crying out to leave my uni lecture hall behind and find a way to get to this new and glorious game...

(wow, I sound like a creep) -- Zelda games do that to me..

:grin:

11. Aielar

Lol, I'm tempted to buy Zelda and not go to class for a week xD Zelda games are awesomesauce :3

12. J Snow

I have beaten 3 dungeons so far. I was afraid of the game getting stale, but to be honest I just keep enjoying it more and more. It feels really different from any other Zelda game since OoT (At least for the home consoles. Phantom Hourglass did have a pretty unique play style). I honestly really like the Stamina system. I just got the harp, and it just seems kind of tacked on. I really enjoyed the Ocarina in the N64 titles and I think with Wii Motion plus they could have really done something cool with an instrument.

Also, Groose cracks me up.

13. CrazyAntFarm

Yeah, you and I are at about the same spot in the game. I just got the harp yesterday, and I'm in my next dungeon today. I am enjoying it a lot. At first I thought the game was too easy, which was my problem with Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, but the mining facility kinda changed that view for me. I can't wait to see how the rest of the game is.

14. J Snow

Really? Maybe its just because I wasn't used to the controls yet, but I thought the first dungeon was the hardest so far. Until I got the beetle the hanging skultulas were kicking my ass, and I actually died to the first boss my first try. Each boss was easier than the one before. The Thousand Year Scorpion barely hurt me two hearts, but it was a fun fight.

My biggest problem is, I still can't do the thrust attack at all. 75% of the time I attempt it its just a slash. And with the electroblins, half the time I'm just trying to move the controller into the position I need it to attack from the correct side and that itself attacks from the wrong side and I get shocked. Is anyone else having these problems with the motion controls?

15. CrazyAntFarm

No denying that the Scorpion was pretty easy, but the temple itself was a little challenging for me unlike the first two temples which I flew through with ease. The controls can be frustrating at times, but I think I got the hang of the thrust, especially after fighting the beamos.

16. J Snow

Ugh, I got the Dragon Scale today. WAAAAAAAY to much swimming in my gameplay today.

17. Aielar

This is the point where I stop reading because of spoilers xD

18. CrazyAntFarm

Sorry about that. That was pretty insensitive. I'll stop now, lol. Yeah, but it's a great game though.

19. J Snow

Sorry,

SPOILER TEXT ENGAGE!!!!

20. Aielar

No, its ok, I shall just stop reading the thread lol, happy gaming :3