1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Home Server

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by kuzmaster, Dec 12, 2007.

1. kuzmaster

Is it possible to use Windows Home Server as a local DNS caching server AND as a HTTP server for intranet use...?

I want to use it so I can use domains such as router.foo to point to the router, and laptop.foo to point to the laptop, as well as the backup features and what not that it offers

Also, I havnt really used IIS before (apache for me razz ), but can I be running multiple sites on it, and access them using different domains, such as site1.foo and site2.foo, all hosted on the one Windows Home Server machine.

I know I could use linux and BIND, but I was to do this the MS way this time...

I think it should be possible being based on Server 03, but im not quite sure...

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I have never used Home Server so I don't know. It is possible on Small Business Server 2003 and on Server 2003 Standard, so if Home Server is based on that and they haven't cut out any of the needed features, it should work.

Having said that, if I wanted to do this I would almost certainly do it with Linux.

3. Urman

Urman Guest

me nether there is windows server 2003 and windows server 2008 os but there are programs that can do this i think im not 100% sure