1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My iPods been sent awayyyyy

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Ty, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

Before I had the iPhone, I had an ipod video, but just as i got back from south africa with it, my mum stepped on it, destroyin' the screen -.-
    Soo a delivery man came today and has wrapped it all up and taken it away for reparing!

I do wonder why i need an iPhone and a 30gig iPod....

Anyone else own more than 1 iPod? If so, for what reason?

2. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    Yup i'm the same have an IPhone and a 60GB IPod Video (and you've just reminded me to get it serviced... been having problems with battery life).

I guess the IPhone does only have 8GB of memory so can't fit all my songs on. Tend to have my Iphone for general walking around (as it doubles as a phone) and my Ipod for music in the car and for long coach/train journeys.

3. Jeimuzu

Ack. My phone cost £50 and it can do everything I could want it to do. My mp3 player cost about £90 and is ditto, except perhaps a little small - easily remedied.

I spend that excess money on seeing the bands who're playing on my mp3 player.

What annoys me really is when people called MP3 players iPods, when they aren't. All the shops sell generic MP3 player stuff under the name iPod accessories, even the shops that really should know better.

4. Ty

Ty Guest

I guess thats a good point......
    I wonder how long i'll have to wait to get it back....

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've got a $50 walkman that plays mp3 CDs.
    And no cell phone.

I'm not quite a Luddite, but I'm in the general vicinity, I think.

Lex

6. sdc91

I have a 4 GB iPod nano (previous generation, the one that doesn't scratch up in the back) because I got it for free with my computer, and I also have an old 3rd generation 15 GB iPod.

7. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    Through my experience usually takes a day to get to the Netherlands, a couple of days to remedy the problem and then a day or two to get back to you. So i'd say a week and a half what with it being xmas

8. xxAngelOnFirexx

i just got my 4th ipod for christmas and gave mom my old one. the first one was a white 1st generation 4gb nano. but it died and would not come to life no matter what and would not load songs. i turned it in for a new identical one. well i didn't realize that it was in the jacket pocket when i threw it in the wash. i, with it being my lifeline, wasdistraught. luckily my mom get me a 2nd generation RED 8gb nano. which had been good but would skip certain songs and would disconntect after automatically syncinc and would not let me change playlights. also the 3rd generation nanos were red AND played video! i couldn't want anything more. so i asked my dad for it for christmas (my only gift from him while my sister got the $200 worth of shoes and fashion clothes. i still think i got the better deal) i love it! and for some reason i got my old one to put all my moms songs from her shuffle on there. well whatever works! i have wanted to get her an ipod anyway but it was too expensive. my sis is on her second only because she wanted a pink one instead of a white.

9. Ty

Ty Guest

Sounds like you've had bad luck with iPods, Morgan =p

10. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If 8GB can't fit enough songs for you, something is awfully wrong. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I don't think I even have that much music total.

11. CrimsonThunder

What? You are the first person to say anything like that. =/

12. Ty

Ty Guest

My iMac 160gig hard drive is almost full >.>

I must buy an external hard drive at some point...

13. Alex89

iPhone isn't even available in Australia yet. >=(

14. Ty

Ty Guest

Don't worry, only gotta wait till sometime in 2008 =]

15. Kimi

I have a friend who has 2 iPod nano and he is using one for J-pop and one for Other country's music...mostly American musics.

I have a phone which holds 1GB of data(Music, Videos, Photos, etc) and I can add more space by miniSD card and I have 1GB miniSD now. So I don't really need iPod in order to listen music but I still want one because it looks cool to have one:lol:

BTW, I just heard iPhone will be available in 2008:slight_smile:

16. JSG

JSG Guest

My sister has an 80G iPod video, I bought my mother a 2G iPod nano last year and gave her the new 4G nano this year. I used to have an iPod touch but it got stoled :frowning2: so I bought an iPhone. And I have I don't know how many USB-key type mp3 player and an 8G Zen Creative. I won't go on to list all my other pmp's...

17. Kimi

Damn, you have a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

18. pirateninja

Funnily enough, this Christmas, my mom and my mom's boyfriend bought each other the same iPod. I was the only one who knew this. It was a bitch to keep a secret though. And my sister got an iPod for christmas. I've had mine for a couple years now, so I've been showing them all how to work them.

19. waitingsucks

My iPod Nano stopped working in stereo awhile ago (only works in one ear). And it's out of warranty so I can't really be bothered paying $120 to get it replaced as well as having to wait for a new one to come. I love my iPod too much! lol and I'm also not loaded

20. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Do you know someone who works in electronics or does it as a hobby? Most likely the headphone socket is coming away from the circuit board (the contact for one channel is broken so far) and needs soldered back in place. Headphone sockets get stressed as the plug is inserted and removed, so it's a common failure point in personal audio products. The most difficult part will probably be taking the iPod apart to get to it...