1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soul Calibur V

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by CrazyAntFarm, Jan 30, 2012.

1. CrazyAntFarm

Anybody into Soul Calibur here? It releases tomorrow, so I'm excited as hell right now.

If so, who are looking forward to maining?

2. Bolin

I think I made a thread about this...but it's old. xD :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'm not as excited about it as I was IV, mostly because my favorite/best character won't be returning. /Setsuka fanboy

I also don't like the way the storyline has turned, and I don't like the fact that Sophitia(?) and Kilik might be ditto fighters. I don't have high expectations for this game, and I honestly think they should have stopped the series at IV, but I'm still gonna get it since I'm a fanboy anyway. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. CrazyAntFarm

Sadly, I agree with some of your points. I was a big Sophitia fan, so it sucks that she isn't really in the game anymore. I was a little let down by SCIV, but I am still excited for this game. I am just happy that they decided to progress the story and do something different *ahem* The DOA series should do something similar *ahem*

Yeah, sadly, Setsuka isn't in the game, but her playstyle still exists if that makes any difference to you.

4. From what I've seen, Pyrrah seems to have an extremely similar moveset, so don't feel too upset about Sophitia's character being written out. :slight_smile: That aside, again, from the clips I've seen on YouTube, I'm a bit disappointed that the game's developers changed Ivy's style so drastically. Her moveset in IV was phenomenal, so I'm anticipating having to switch to a different main because of the fact that Namco deconstructed it to be even more seemingly limited than her Soul Calibur II style.

I'm still looking forward to the release, though. It should be interesting to see what happens in the storyline.

5. Bolin

It's [pleasant] news to me that her fighting style still exists, but I'll miss her character. I liked how she was one of the few characters that wasn't concerned about the Soul swords, which was refreshing.

I am looking forward to playing as Pyrrah (and Patroklos), especially since the two have been frequently mentioned since Soul Calibur II. :slight_smile:

#5 Bolin, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  6. vyvance

I didn't like III or IV so maybe at best. Though, with the crapfest that SFxT has turned into, my fighting game budget does have a free $60 in it. Really haven't looked too much into the game yet. Is Voldo still a playable character in the game?

7. Bolin

Yes, he's still playable. :lol:

8. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, the sad part is that I haven't played past II. I need to get more serious about my gaming.

9. Keelin

I want to Use Ezio Auditore de Firence from the assassin's creed games, he is a bit badass.

10. vyvance

That's good news. He is the most fun to play with for me. Did they fix Hilde's auto ring out combo? Not much point buying it for me if they didn't. Connect one hit and ring out from almost anywhere on the screen on almost any map made competitive SCIV super boring.