1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox live

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Kid Icarus, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Kid Icarus

does anyone here play xbox live? Does anyone play halo 2 on it? I find it really fun.

2. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

i played halo 2 i think its a very good game but i havent played with live.

3. BenF46

I set up my XBox live this afternoon funnily enough.

Haven't used it yet though.

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Is the Xbox live the same as the Xbox 360, or are they different machines?

My partner bought himself an Xbox 360 to replace his PlayStation 2, then became fed up of the lack of decent games for the Xbox (and annoyed that it doesn't run many older Xbox games) so bought another PlayStation 2....

5. lost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Xbox live is the online gaming service for the Xbox and Xbox 360.

Though I can certainly see where your partner is coming from with regards to the xbox 360 / playstation2 lineup, such a pity the playstation 3 will cost an arm and a leg :frowning2:

W

6. Jo A

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm only addicted to two games, both nice, laid-back and everso girly. The Grand Theft Auto series and the Gran Turismo series... :icon_eek:

...so I'll be sticking with my Playstation 2 for now... though looking at stuff about Gran Turismo HD on the Playstation 3 I'll probably have no choice, I'll just have to get one :icon_bigg Jo

7. Micah

Lol paul, that's so cute. Xbox live is what you connect to, so you can play your games against other people (essentially the internet for xbox players).

And another thing, xbox 360 will continuously be updating the hardware, to allow more and more older games to be played. (I have a friend who's an xbox nut) :wink:

The only thing I use my xbox for now is playing dvds, or maybe play multiplayer games with mates when they come over.

Oh and jo: my brother owns a playstation 2, and the GTA serious are my favourite ps2 games :slight_smile:

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I've never had any interest in ths sort of thing...

Even back in the home computer boom in the 1980s, while most people bought things like Sinclair Spectrum or Commodore 64 computers for playing games, I had a BBC Model B and used it to teach myself programming. Yep, geek here!

The only games on my laptop are the ones that come with Windows XP, and I've never run them.
    Yes, I know about this, but it seems stupid that they did not design it to emauate the original Xbox when it was designed, rather than constantly issuing patches for gamas which will take ages to complete. The PlayStation 2 plays all PlayStation 1 games properly.

Mark was annoyed because he bought several second hand Xbox games on eBay and most of them wouldn't run. Some even now are not on the list of forthcoming updates to run on the Xbox 360.

I wouldn't be susprised if he sells it on eBay in the next month or so, as it has had very little use now he has another PS2.

We have a aproper DVD player for playing DVDs - which has been set for multi-region and also supports DivX disks... :wink:

9. chrisg

GTA games are awesome. Now that my computer has a decent video card, I can start playing some of the newer versions, like San Andreas. I actually have never owned a game system like PS2 or Xbox, so anything I play is a PC game.

10. Mikari

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I play my 360 on live, and my Gamertags the same as my username.