1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook and Privacy

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by JRNagoya, Feb 18, 2012.

1. JRNagoya

I'm only out to a select few individuals. Is there any way to 'Like' gay-oriented content like social clubs, groups, fanpages, etc. without it showing up on other people's feeds or other people seeing it on yours? Pretty much, how do I make these pages for my eyes only? Thanks.

2. Alexandria

I keep two FB accounts - one where I am somewhat open about myself, and one that is work related. The two dont mingle - because I keep in mind anything that I put on FB is NOT private, ever.

3. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have to like a complete new account if you want to do that. Thinking about doing it on my other fb account with me being bi and all and the fact nobody except a few friends know I am bi.

4. JRNagoya

Yea, I went ahead and made a new profile just so I can get updates and invites to gay socials. But things are looking up. Maybe I'll be able to merge my two accounts sometime this year.

5. cscipio

I'm in the same boat. I've recently been coming out and I feel as if 90% of my friends are very accepting. I believe that the place I work (large IT company) is accepting as well - I even had a gay boss there at one point. I'm still not comfortable with everybody knowing my business in FB; so, I'm selective on what I will like or not. I did turn up security so that only I can post on my wall. I don't like the idea of being 'outed' by some well intended (or ill intended) friend posting something they shouldn't.

6. Tim

Tim

Unfortunately, you need a new account for that now.

It used to be possible, but it is not possible anymore with the timeline, which everyone is being forced to switch to over the next few weeks. I was forced today. -.-;

7. TriCube

I really wish Google+ was more popular for this reason. You can easily make groups and specifically set privacy settings for each one. It's a simple concept, but Facebook would rather change things to "look cool" than take care of its users privacy. Hell, they even sell sell your information to ad companies.