1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying a laptop

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Sesshomaru, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Sesshomaru

Does anyone know of a place that has laptops where you can "rent to own" besides Rent-A-Center and Dell? I have to get the laptop through my grandmother's credit since I don't have a job and since she has somewhat bad to poor credit Dell denied the Preffered Account application. She has an outstanding bill with Rent-A-Center too so they're out of the question as well.

I'm looking for basically a nice gaming laptop with at least 4 gigs of ram (though anything higher is welcome too). Thanks in advance!

2. Kernel Panic

hi,
    am not from america but what about looking in regular electrics stores [the type that sell computers,tvs,fridges etc] as well,as many of ours over here [such as currys/comet/pc world,argos etc] do credit,and plenty of online stores do to.

specificaly for gaming laptops,alienware offers the credit route on them,also-theres another company worth checking out-digitalstorm who also offer superb gaming laptops- havent personaly heard of them before but they came up in a search when was looking for a particular american or canadian based major gaming computer company that had had some amazing gaming rigs [pc and laptop] in the past,cant remember any hint as to what its called.
    a old favourite of mine; voodooPC used to be the god of gaming computers in terms of spec but then HP screwed it up totaly [not far off what they did with alienware as well] by buying them out and removing any connection to higher performance computing.

-they all offer credit,most places do,but...if have got any savings at all,or any ability to save regulary-woud recommend doing that over doing 'buy now pay later'.
    had personaly done that with a semi gaming pc rig from TINY years ago,dad took the contract out-but was paying for it for years even when it was in serious need for updating.
    buy now pay it later/credit totaly fleeces the customer with high interest,and are paying back far more than what its worth.