1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't burn cd's...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Nicknikko, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Nicknikko

ughh i've been trying for like ever and it doesn't let me... it says insert cd.. and i've already inseted it... and is like a brand new blank CD-RW CD.... ugh
    it used to work... idk why is not working right now ugh
    what can i do?

2. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    sometimes if there's a slight scratch or something on the CD-RW it can't read it properly and assumes it's up to capacity or not a valid media type. Have you tried with more than that one blank disk?

3. Nicknikko

yes... but it says the same ugh

4. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    oh perhaps your CD rewriter drive is knackered then... or you've been sold some seriously rubbish CDs (probs the first).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

5. Nicknikko

haha ya..
    i think is also the first one..

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i need a new computer... [MAC WILL DO IT FOR ME ^^ AND FUCK YOU WINDOWS UGH i'm so pissed! ]

6. Kimi

Aww, I just love when people say 'rubbish':love:

I think your writer is dead:icon_sad:

7. Urman

Urman Guest

you probably burned out your cd played thats what happen to me with my dvd/cd burner i brought i new one

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

For now you just need a new CD/DVD drive - they aren't expensive. With a desktop PC it's really easy to replace it, and with many laptops it's not that difficult either.

Or buy a USB one!

9. Ty

Ty Guest

Its a British thing =p

10. sdc91

Hold up! You might not need a new drive . . .

Have you used this type of CD successfully before? If you have, and other CD's of the same type aren't working either, then you may need to upgrade.

However, if you haven't used this CD brand/type before, your drive might not recognize it because of the dye. My Sony DVD/CD-RW didn't recognize some Great Quality discs (because it's a crappy brand). It just said "Please insert disk into drive :\D" or whatever. I'd suggest you upgrade the drive's firmware, if possible. It allows it to recognize the newer CD's. Just go to the manufacturer's website and go to Support>Drivers>(Model) and download the newest one. Make sure you install it correctly, otherwise you will end up having to go to the store anyway . . .