1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games that make you happy/excited?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Zaio, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Hi EC!

So this is a thread for games that make you happy :slight_smile: just simply post any game at all, and maybe a link to it of a game that makes you feel happy/excited, why does it make you feel happy?

I'll start us off.

A game that makes me feel happy is Just Dance 3, I absolutely love the game! It's a game where you simply do the dance moves the character on the screen does to get points. I love dancing and the energetic movements make me feel alive when I do the leg movements and such right, here is a link to one of my favourite dances on the game, it's a lot harder than it looks! [Just Dance 3] I Don't Feel Like Dancin' - Scissor Sisters - YouTube

A game that makes me excited is Guild Wars2, it should be released late 2012/early 2013, however you can pre-order it April 10th so I predict 2012. I don't need to say why I am excited about this game :wink: Just look at the site if you're unsure what it is Guild Wars 2

2. BudderMC

Vindictus does both for me, though less happy lately because Nexon really is a terribad company for hosting this game... :frowning2:

[YOUTUBE]g1e6U-e-Wcs[/YOUTUBE]

For happy games, it's nostalgia for me. So pretty much any classic Mario/Donkey Kong/SNES games is a good place to start. Pokemon also falls under that category.

Excited? Not a video game, but my housemates want to try DnD... I made my character this afternoon and I gotta say, I'm pretty excited :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Cloudbreaker

A game that always makes me feel happy is Pikmin 2.

Pikmin 2 GameCube Trailer - E3 2004 Trailer - YouTube

It is fun, thought-provoking, and whimsical all the way through. Your little plant pals follow your every order without question, allowing you to accomplish great feats because of it. You need to work together to build the pikmin population, fend off wild beasts, and find valuable "treasures" to save Captain Olimar's company. However, that same loyalty makes you feel that much worse when you make a little mistake and half your army gets wiped out because of it. It's just an all around awesome game, in my opinion.

4. DJT

DJT Guest

I really looking forward to the new Tomb raider 2012 game, It looks pretty Kool :grin:

5. TMP32891

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me it's any of the Pokemon games.

6. kyle 1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Omg yes!! not just number 2 but the first game as well. Me and my friend played the heck out of pikmin 2 and I love how different the game was. Now it just seems like games are made for money and the masses :frowning2:

For me, it's gotta be Counter Strike for PC. It was the first online FPS I got into and it came out back in 1999. Basically when I play it now it gives me that nostalgia and I just love the outdated graphics. Whats even better is that a lot of people still play it today.

A few others is BFBC2, Roller coaster tycoon, The sims, and a lot of others.... I've always been a big gamer and my primary platform is PC (even got me a $2k gaming pc atm), although I also played a lot of consoles back in the snes/n64/gamecube eras. Today I don't do any of the 360/ps3 stuff cause I just never got into it. :eusa_danc

7. Level75

Right now, it's Sonic Generations.

I've hardly made it a secret since I started posting on EC, but I've been a long time fan of Sonic the Hedgehog. He's stumbled here and there. And for how much I go against the grind and actually enjoy Sonic Heroes, it gives me a headache. But if we all must have our own favorite cultural icons, he is by far my favorite.

It's one that really draws out the perfectionist in me. And frustrates me to no end when I didn't pull off a trick in the game as smoothly as I could've, leading to countless restarts until I'm just about ready to throw the controller at the screen. "I could've made that turn a split second faster." "I didn't need to hesitate in jumping to that platform." Things like that. But when I complete a course and know that, in the end, I couldn't have done that any better, well, it's just immensely satisfying to me. Then it sinks that, yes, I could've done it better. Time to try again!

Oh, and you do it all to a soundtrack that gets you in the mood to go fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtD7hMTcqMA

EDIT: By the way, the YouTube thingermajigger doesn't work.

8. Cascade

Phoenix Wright, all games in the series.

Phoenix Wright always makes me feel great. Solving those crimes is a lot of fun, especially with the music becoming more intense while you yell into your DS microphone.

9. stupidIvan

Games that make me happy...

Earthbound! The winsome nature of the game and all of the tantalizing adventuring that goes on makes me giddy! It is probably one of my favorite games, hands down.

Rhythm Heaven DS, despite the fact that I only played the Wii-Download demo, made me extremely happy and bouncy, and I cannot wait to actually buy the game/stop being so lazy and download the ROM!

Pokemon also always makes me very happy, especially Pokemon Ruby (and that particular version!): It was my very first Pokemon game, and just holding it in my hand makes me bubble. I sing the intro melody and everything when I play that game (I can get pretty annoying!).

10. DarkClarity

Any Pokémon game.

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even though it's a semi-depressing game, Assassin's Creed takes me to the moon :grin: Though I do love Pokemon too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Most of my games take me to another world and that's always what I want. I yell, get angry, smile, laugh with most of the games. It's how much of a dork I am.

12. Pain

Pain Guest

Final Fantasy games are great-- I especially like the Dissidia series they made

13. Kyllani

One of the games that really makes my weekend is Civilization V. I'm mostly an MMO player, but Civ 5 is just something that lets me relax and dominate the world!

14. Vesper

F-Zero GX (though I don't own it, but judging by videos of gameplay, it looks exciting), Mario Kart 64, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VI, DDR, and Sims 3 when I can be arsed to get it working properly.

15. Of Mice and Men

Suikoden II is a really dark game, but I'm nostalgic each time I play it and it makes me happy. Considering the theme of the game is nostalgia, I guess it's to be expected, but still. Wind Waker also does it for me, too.

16. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really like NHL 12 for PS3, but haven't had much time to play it unfortunately with school.

17. kyle 1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
  18. Zapha

Excited from Diablo III... I spent many wasted hours on Diablo II haha

I'm also big fan of Civ 5... I agree that there's nothing like ruling the world and ruthlessly conquering everyone in sight :grin:

As for games that make me happy, anything that I played as a kid. Commander Keen? Major nostalgia value!

[​IMG]

19. darkcheesse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    the game that makes me most excited has got to be tetris on the game boy, so simple and none of the special features that were added into it sequels. That and Phantasty star online 2, i know its not out yet but just reading the official and unofficial release infromation makes me practically exstatic.

20. Abayomi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Soulcalibur 5! I really like playing this game :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: The customization is pretty good so I have my own custom character with Tira's moveset and he's so badass >_<

YEAH! Civilization 5 for the win! I loooove that game! At first I didn't see the point of it but after playing for a couple of hours I was addicted! I love how many different ways you can grow your empire :3

Edit: and deadrising! I've never played deadrising 2, just seen the walkthroughs. But yeah, deadrising is sooo much fun... I love just throwing plates at the zombies as I stand on top of a makeup booth in safety xD