1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronic Music?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Anonymous123, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Anonymous123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Any electronic musicians out in the community? Any music to share?

2. Cascade

I'm not a musician at all but I do listen to some electronic music. Could you maybe give an example of what you listen to? There's different styles of electronic music and I'm just wondering which kind you like.

3. Anonymous123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I really like Aphex Twin, u-ziq, squarepusher, mouse on mars -- things like that :lol:

What kind of stuff do you like?

4. stupidIvan

Sorry to interject, but I LOVE Aphex Twins!

I don't make music, but I do love some Dubstep, Hardstyle, and Jumpstyle esqe electronic techno. Anything with a hard, thumping baseline and a wicked melody is what's up.

5. Cascade

Never heard of any of those but I do like the sound of the Aphex Twins a lot!

I'm sort of a nerd when it comes to music; I enjoy video game soundtracks and the like. I also like Daniel Lanois songs, they are great atmospheric music. But the music I listen to the most is the Homestuck albums (yeah HUGE nerd :lol: ). Homestuck albums are 85% electronic music and there is a lot of variety. There's atmospheric songs, more intense rock, video game style, slow sad songs, jazz, and really any other kind of music imaginable; great variation. There's a large selection of songs. I'd recommend checking out the bandcamp page and checking out some songs on the 17 albums. Bound to be at least one thing you like.

Mouse on Mars reminds me of the Portal 2 soundtrack so you may enjoy that too.

6. Hazel

I used to dabble in game remixing, but fell out of the habit. I have a couple friends who make music now, so I might pick it up again. I'd love to make something all my own, but while I can endlessly reshape existing ideas and themes I have a lot of trouble coming up with something from nothing.

7. Anonymous123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I really liked some of Homestuck's stuff. His stuff remind me of Erik Satie -- possibly an inspiration (the piano I mean...). Very minimal and emotive, thanks for sharing!

I will check out Portal 2's soundtrack later this evening.

If you guys listened to Aphex Twin, check out his song Flim... you will love it.

Video game music is great btw -- I love super mario bros 3 "king"

---------- Post added 17th Mar 2012 at 04:27 PM ----------

Do you know if posts here show up in search engines? I would like to share some of my own music with you guys -- but because the name is easily identifiable I don't want it showing up in search engines (for obvious reasons)

8. TruffleDude

Yes they do show in search engines.

Also, it seems like you are more into IDM than EDM. Not big on IDM. Wish I could help out.

Anyway, I've been looking for this track, at 320KPBS, as I mix and want to cut it up a bit. Anyone? Also, is it just me or is this the ultimate closet case track?

[YOUTUBE]8zr2RasTC_I[/YOUTUBE]

---------- Post added 17th Mar 2012 at 05:05 PM ----------

This one also kills me. So funny!

[YOUTUBE]VL8pxTmoB0A[/YOUTUBE]

#8 TruffleDude, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  9. Cascade

You're welcome! Glad to hear you enjoy them! Just one thing to note: Homestuck is actually a webstory and these albums are parts of the official music albums for it. The albums are collaborations by different artists, each working on a different song and put together under one label. You'll notice that some are done in different styles and that is why.

10. Anonymous123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    @cyanyst you could try soulseek? You can find nearly any song there. Yes, I'm a big IDM fan... funny you should call me out on "IDM" most don't know/use that term :thumbsup:

@Cascade you know, I actually didn't realize that till after spending some time searching through the albums there. Again, I like the series! I also checked out Portal 2's soundtrack.. there are some great stuff on it... I'm downloading it now :eusa_danc

Remove "%" and search... one word also, it is "zeros" = "0"

M%R%M%S%H%R%0%0%M

11. TruffleDude

found it on soundcloud today, finally. i'll look into soulseek in the future. And yea, IDM, detroit techno, all those chin-scratching electronic music nerds listening to barely danceable music. I know my electronic music fairly well. Don't get me wrong, I like syncopation, some IDM is just way to out there for me to find it enjoyable though.

12. stupidIvan

Woohoo, great to see fans of the Homestuck OST! I'm actually very big on the tracks that aren't electronic or chiptune in nature, but I love those too. You can't go wrong with Pumpkin Cravings, I'll tell you what!

In the spirit of Sound tracks, I also love the soundtracks for all three Mother/Earthbound games. Brownie Brown just did a fantastic job with it all.

13. TruffleDude

I think that Burial has been used as soundtrack material before. Even if I am wrong it sounds like a soundtrack. Does this not sound like a dark, rainy, night alone in an empty and shitty part of the city?

[YOUTUBE]QS38JBh5gcw[/YOUTUBE]

14. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Look uo Noisestorm on youtube. Noisestorm makes electronic songs that are brilient! A song by them I would recomend is called Shockwave. (note there is a shorter version on their page/channel/whatever it's called. Go for the one that lasts about four minutes and listen do it on high quality)

15. kyle 1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
  16. djt820

I write some IDM, and downtempo electronic music here and there. I also like to write chiptune music too. Would share some but I think the rules forbid it so yeah.

17. Brightsky

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Here are some of my favorite electronic songs,

Boys Noize - Jeffer
    Lykke Li - Little Bit (AutoErotique Bootleg Remix)
    Gold Panda - Marriage
    Hard Mix - Now Her
    Com Truise - Slow Peels
    Danger - 11H30
    Ratatat - Mirando
    Pendulum - Hold Your Colour
    DATA - One In A Million
    Caribou - Odessa
    Bonde Do Role - Marina Gasolina
    The Bloody Beetroots - I Love The Bloody Beetroots

P.S. Girl/Boy Song is my favorite Aphex Twin track

18. Anonymous123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks to everyone for contributing to this post, I've found some new artists thanks to it.