1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

King Arthur's Gold and Guild Wars 2!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Zaio, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Zaio

Zaio Guest

So does anyone play or want to play King Arthur's Gold with me? (KAG, I will it that from now on) it's an awesome simple game which has builder, knight and archer classes. Knight is a strong melee with the ability to block with shields and use bombs, archer can climb trees, is fast and fires arrows, can also use their arrows to scale walls. Lastly builder can builder castles, traps, make siege weapons, shops etc.

Link to game download and main website Download - King Arthur's Gold the game is free :slight_smile:

Guild Wars 2 fans: Anyone mega excited about GW2 release date and pre-purchase on 10th April? :slight_smile: I'm basically counting down the days till 10th of April and have probably watched every GW2 vid on youtube as well as read everything on wiki... So excited!

Any of you decided your proffessions with race yet? I believe mine will be:

Charr Warrior (main)
    Human Thief
    Charr Ranger
    Last I'm unsure of but either Human Mesmer or Sylvari Necromancer.

2. Nero

idk about guild wars 2 could it really be as compleling as the first ill just have to wait and see i suppose(if i do play id be a necro beacuse they were awsome!)

3. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Yeah definitely! It looks SO much better, thief pvp looks amazing too.

Watch a few videos by BlueXephos or TotalHalibut, they have some nice videos on what gameplay is like :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 22nd Mar 2012 at 12:17 PM ----------

Here's a video you might like :slight_smile: Yogscast - Guild Wars 2: Necromancer Spotlight - YouTube

4. Mobiusponder

Guild Wars 2 ... I'm not sure yet, but definitely a mesmer as one of them. Probably thief/engineer/elementalist for the other three, I enjoy the weird classes, but we'll see.
    In GW1 I bought slots to make every class. Could be the same here.

5. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Ditto about the slots, quit to waste 5 years playing WoW though... Fml, biggest mistake ever, just to get backstabbed by greedy blizzard who don't care about their community, just money.

Well my main in Guild Wars was an ele, I quit many years ago though after obtaining chaos gloves and obsidian armour (when you could do UWSC (Underworld speed clear, but you probably know that) on assassin).

I usually go for the weird classes too but warrior looks incredible in GW2, can be an actual ranger instead of just being used for pulling, and thief just looks incredible. Ranger looks pretty nice at dealing damage, and AoE damage and well... Necromancer is just cool lol :grin:

6. vyvance

I'm loving Guild Wars 2 so far, except for the new mesmer and loss of secondary job. That aside, I'll probably be pre-purchasing it day 1.

As far as class/race goes, I mained an Elementalist in GW1, so I may end up playing that again. For race, I'll most likely play Sylvari.

7. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Really? I love the concept of mesmer in Guild Wars 2, but that might be because I play Warcraft 3 a lot and am used to playing heros with illusion abilities, yeah the second proffesion loss is annoying but they have sort of combined classes into one, warrior can actually be an effective ranger firing 2 arrows with each bow shot, so... It's not all bad.

On a side note incase none of you know: You NEED to pre-purchase on EXACTLY the 10th of April in order to get the bonuses and access to the weekend betas, any date after the 10th is counted as a pre-order, not purchase.

8. vyvance

Huh, guess I will be doing it on day 1 then. Diablo 3, I'm sorry, but it just wasn't meant to be. :frowning2:

As far as the mesmer goes, what made it so fun and unique for me was the focus on interrupts and shutting people down.

9. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Yeah that is true, and I think they will still add interupts and such after time but illusions does make the name mesmer sound more like a mesmer should, as illusions certaintly cause more confusion than slower casting time and interupts do.

A good mesmer in GW1 was pretty overpowered in my opinion, especially an anti caster and melee mesmer Me/N with insidious parasite, loved that skill build lol.

10. vyvance

Everything has been overpowered in GW at some point lol. Been playing since launch, and the stuff people came up with for Heroes Ascent back then was great to watch.

11. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Yeah, I always loved the glass arrow rangers in HA, such a great and unique idea.

12. Mobiusponder

Mesmers were underpowered if anything [especially if you had a crappy connection ...]. I did enjoy their playstyle, though. It's sad to see they've changed, but the new thing is cool too, I guess?
    I always played a mesmer. Won HA a few times with Echo-Diversion, mainly because everyone was smite at the time, because ether renewal smiting elementals were extremely broken.
    I had no idea there was a pre-purchase April 10th that I /need/ to buy to get into early weekends! ... Will I have money. Maybe I'll become a thief for a bit, but thanks for that info. I probably won't even play it ... video games haven't been a thing for a while ... but it's helpful.

13. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Well good mesmers with a fast connection were very powerful but of course if it is skill then I suppose it doesn't make them overpowered, but the concept of their abilities were quite overpowered, like setting a commonly used skill on a massive cooldown, over double the casting time for spells, damage when a cast happens etc.

Yeah I went off video games after playing WoW for 5 years to end up having all lvl 80s (pre-cata) the best gear, all possible achievements unlocked on one... And just sitting there with nothing to do for hours lol. Thing is Blizzard only care about money, whereas ArenaNet care about players, so for that reason alone GW2 will be awesome :slight_smile:

14. vyvance

I don't doubt GW2 is going to be great, but I do feel it will be lacking when it comes to build diversity. GW had such creative builds over the years, due to the flexibility of the skills and classes. e.g. EoE bomb, IWAY Warrior, Healing Hands Warrior, Echo Fast Cast Nuke, N/D Minion Master...

From what pvp videos I've seen thus far, it seems super fun, but I'm slightly concerned that the builds will all be identical 5 months down the wrong since you only pick like 5 skills. Two of those are even forced; one elite and one self-heal. While meta-game limited the builds used in GW1, at least meta-game shifted every few months to something new. Don't know if we will see that in GW2.

Also, what is your source on needing to buy exactly on April 10th for bonuses, Zaio? Its just that no other mmo I've played at launch required a day 1 pre-purchase for the bonuses. Seems odd that Arenanet would do that.

15. Loras

Wish i could be excited for GWs 2 but i stopped play GWs a while ago and only log on to see my guild like once a month. and Ive got uni for the rest of the year and dont want to get addicted because i know thats gonna be a death trap for my degree!!

16. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Yes unfortunately I agree with you here, but it is only beta stage I'm sure they will release something to change that :slight_smile:

And ArenaNet posted on Facebook a while back about having to buy on the 10th of April to gain the bonuses and access to beta events, I can only assume it's because they need money to finish the game.