1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webcam not working

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Mimerio, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Mimerio

Well, recently I decided to go on an anonymous chat site (I won't name it because I got told so before) and use their video feature, but upon loading up my webcam, it just froze and if i moved, the webcam would not pick up my movements, i've tried to restart the pc, try all 4 of my camera effects packages but none seem to work, please help.

2. Cascade

Does your webcam work offline or is the problem site specific? Have you made any changes to the webcam software on your computer?

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe your webcam is trying to do you a favor :slight_smile:

4. Mimerio

It works on Skype and MSN, also when I run the software, so it could be site specific, but I fixed the problem, it turned out just to be the software I had, thanks anyway!

---------- Post added 31st Mar 2012 at 04:03 PM ----------

If you don't mind me asking you to elaborate please?

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wellll... if we're talking about the site I think we're talking about... people generally only go there for one reason, and there are a LOT of videos floating around of people who were recorded while doing various, um, activities on said site... who no doubt had no idea their activities were being recorded and then posted publicly on tube sites and such.

So maybe your webcam was developing sentience and doing you a favor by discouraging you from going to this particular site :slight_smile:

6. Mimerio

Ah, I see what you meant now, well the main reason I use that site in particular is to practice talking with people I do not know to boost my confidence, but as the activities you mentioned... Yes, I do get that a lot, thank goodness they leave before i get my phone out lol.

7. Snail

Gosh, I have no end to webcam troubles, to the point where I don't bother using mine anymore! it took me ages to get my avatar and profile pictures right, it's one of the downsides to moving so stealthily, you move too slowly!

~Snail