1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-American Gamers

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by solarcat, Mar 31, 2012.

1. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I have questions for you!

Just a few thoughts I've thought about at some point regarding games that are sold outside the USA.

Like... Do nonamerican englishers (like the UK, Canada, Australia, etc) get their own dubs of foreign games? Like, my copy of FFXIII has actors with American accents (except for the Australian accent(s)). Did England get characters with English accents? Or is it easier just to give you our audio?

The US got a GameBoy Color. Did you get a GameBoy Colour?

That's all I can think of now.

2. Ridiculous

Most non-English games that are dubbed into English have characters with a variety of different accents anyway. It isn't like they are specifically being dubbed for the US market and then passed off to everyone else as an afterthought. Regardless I can't think of any that have multiple English dubs, they all just go with one dub for the entire world.

The Gameboy Color was branded as "Color" worldwide.

3. Eric

I'd love to hear a game dubbed with stereotypical Canadian accents. That would make my life.

But yeah, english versions of non-english games have universal english dubs.

4. Pilgrim is hot

as Ridiculous said they don't change the dub as far as i am aware, one thing that annoys me over here is that we are the last to get games generally, like rythem heaven for the wii, that is out in US and Japan but we don't even have a release date yet :frowning2: