1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guild Wars 2 or Tera?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Subwoofer, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Subwoofer

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Anyone planning to buy Guild Wars 2 or Tera? What are you opinions on the 2 different games?

2. vyvance

Played Korean Tera for a while, so I'm gonna get GW2 first.

3. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Definitely getting GW2.

I quit GW like 4-5 years ago but it was one of the best games, so fun. After I got my chaos gloves, bone dragon staff and obsidian armour (not sure what thats worth now but back then it was very very expensive) I sort of lost interest cause I had nothing to get, then turned to WoW for a few years (biiiiig mistake)

Anyway yeah... So excited for GW2... Just 3 days till pre-purchase ^__^

4. Subwoofer

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeahhh GW1 was so awesome, though I never got any of those items you had lol. You going to gett he collectors edition?

5. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Nah, I have no interest in real world items, if however there was just 1 digital item in the collectors edition not in others I would, but it only adds real world items and thus I'm not interested, getting the digital deluxe thing.

Well I only got those items in GW1 because during my time of playing assassins shadow form could be used to farm underworld (UWSC) to gain ectos very fast, as well as occasional rare items worth loads. Not sure if you played during this time or not, but if not then that was an easy time to get gold/ectos with assassin, not so effective now though :/

You can still farm underworld with ritualist but it's rather slow.

When you get it send me a message and add me in-game if you want :slight_smile: really looking forward to GW2. Thing with WoW is blizzard have insane money income yet only have few programmers, bad updates, just generally dissapointing. They don't give one fuck about the community and that reason alone is why GW2 will be better, but GW2 will be better even without that so... Yeah xD

6. Subwoofer

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeahh I totally agree lol, To be honest I never got past lvl 10 in WoW just never interested me. But I didnt play that far back ago, Just finshed EoTN on my rit, working on Hall of Monument Points. I'll definitely add you, do you have a guild your already in or a group of people you play with?

7. Zanich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't know about the rest of you but I'm definitely getting TERA. I never played the Korean version but I'm excited for the NA release. As good as GW2 looks, I've been disappointed by hype too many times to buy into it this early. Plus, I honestly didn't care for the first one.

8. Subwoofer

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was thinking about getting Tera also but I honestly don't want to pay every month. Plus I've been a big fan of Guild Wars for a long time so of course I'm going to follow it.

9. Zanich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Understandable. GW2 is looking up to be a good game, it's just not really for me. I'm a fan of the holy trinity when it comes to MMOs. Plus, $15 isn't that bad a price for me. Cheaper than a two hour film.

10. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Ahh I ended up with 4 lvl 80s and on my druid has the best gear possible, most possible achievements... Would just run around Dalaran doing nothing just thinking what can I do? Cause I had done everything... Too easy.

Afraid not, I haven't even logged into GW1 in like 4-5 years. HoM never really interested me, I had some of the most expensive things you could get in GW1 when I was playing yet never bothered with HoM. You can't really get anything worth the time to achieve in GW2 via HoM, so I can't really be bothered to do so.

Send me a pm via EC when you got your account and we can add eachother :slight_smile: I've been playing with a real life friend for years in games, runescape, WoW, guild wars, minecraft, warcraft 3, king arthur's gold... Loads of stuff we've played together and we're gonna be doing GW2 together, so you could join us if you wanted :slight_smile: we may level pretty fast though as we have quite a lot of spare time on our hands and are very expierenced with these types of games (not trying to be arrogant.)

What class are you going? My main in GW1 was elementalist but I'm DEFINITELY going warrior in GW2... Very nice versality with weapons, nice gameplay, charges etc AND he can actually be a ranger, not for pulling just generally an efficient ranger - I love that. Think my friend is going engineer, not too sure though.

11. BudderMC

I've read on other Vindictus forums (because a lot of people there believe Vindictus and TERA are similar enough to justify quitting) that TERA is supposed to be nothing but a giant grindfest. I know the vast majority of MMOs are grindfests, but if they both are, I'd at least play the more mainstream one then.

GW2... I dunno, I've watched videos and talked with my friend who wants to get it, but I don't see the appeal. Point-n-click was never much of my thing.

12. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Only for newbies :lol: that would never work versus people with great skill, but I do know what you mean, it is boring to have a strategy like that, but with great strategy comes great fun and pleasure as you pile drive everyone in your wake :dry:

13. Subwoofer

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I mean I'm just trying to get the gauntlets for GW2 soo... lol. Yeah I got a group of buddies as well, but I'll definitely play with you guys, if you guys don't like outlevel me super quick....

I'm not sure atm stuck between Necro and Ele. I love debuffing and DoT's so we'll see when it comes out.

---------- Post added 7th Apr 2012 at 08:47 PM ----------

Yeah I can see what you mean, but playing games with some friends always turns the negative into positives and makes it fun, imo. Also GW2 has like more to it then just Point and Clicking, Kind of. But then again Action games where you actually have to aim at stuff is wayy more fun to be honest, Still love GW though.

14. Jonathan

I'm definitely going to be getting GW2. I've beaten GW1 and all the expansions for it in what feel likes like ages ago lol. Such good memories...being apart of a guild that was #1 Lux ally (until guild politics destroyed us), working so hard to get my urgoz longbow when it first came out, actually abing before sc's became popular...good times good times :slight_smile:. I've done some stuff in the HoM but not too much (I've probably haven't played GW in a year or more now). I'm going to make a ranger in the new game, I've always been a ranger in PvE and I'm going to keep it going. I'm so excited for this game :grin:

15. Valyrian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tera is doing shit in Korea, no wonder though, another korean grindfest crap.

I'm definitely gonna try GW2..i'm actually pretty hyped about it and can't wait for it to get released! (pre-ordered Diablo3 CE aswell) :grin:

16. KatzInHatz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've actually never heard of Tera, but I am SUPER excited for Guild Wars 2 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I'm sooo happy my friend introduced me to Guild Wars a long time ago and all those hours playing were awesome! It was my first MMORPG sooo I hope the second is just as fun.

I'm not really sure what profession I'm going to choose though! My main in Guild Wars was a monk, but they got rid of it xD I think I'm going to go with Elementalist though just because the skill animation look pretty sweet! :grin: I can't decide what race though! Does anyone know if certain races can only choose certain professions? :astonished:

17. UnAmourFatal

oh my, I thought I got rid of my GW addiction, but reading these comments made me feel excited again :grin: I actually thought GW2 was already out, and I didn't even think about buying it, since I wouldn't want to start when the game's been out for a while, but now this really got me thinking :grin: (I was mainly a monk(so much fun in PvP), though my mes, ele and assa were fun, too)

18. Zaio

Zaio Guest

All races can be all proffesions.

19. frostreaver

Play both. Guild Wars 2 doesn't have a subscription fee so its not super expensive to play both at the same time.

GW2 will probably be better in the long run.

20. vyvance

TERA really has more in common with Monster Hunter than Vindictus gameplay wise. I.E. Slower and more methodical vs. Vindictus fast paced mashing spam. It was super fun even in the relatively laggy connection to Korea I had.

Aside from the few concerns regarding skills and classes in GW2, I'm sure its going to be good too.