1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

smash bros 64 pokeballs

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ameliawesome, Apr 19, 2012.

1. ameliawesome

okay, first: so i play smash 64 a lot. it's a classic that never gets old. i play with one friend more than others and we like to set the pokeball as the only item (and on high appearance, so it's just pokemon chaos).

now: the other day i went online to find out if goldeen is in fact useless. apparently she is, but according to the internet mew is also useless. HOWEVER. i've seen mew carry players off the stage (which of course is an instant k/o). it's easy to avoid if you're paying attention, but if you're in mew's way you will fly away with it. so it isn't useless. is anyone else aware of this? i can't possibly be the only person who has experienced a mew k/o in smash 64 lol.

2. Remoteboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I used to play a helluva lot of SSB and I've never ever seen mew KO anyone. Interesting...

3. HunterN95

I was obsessed with Smash 64 and never even knew Mew was in the game!

4. BudderMC

Yeah, I've gotta say I've never seen Mew do anything either to be honest ._.

5. ameliawesome

lol i'm determined to prove this. of all the things to focus time and energy on...

@HunterN95: mew shows up in pokeballs (rarely) as long as you have all 12 playable characters.

6. WookieCookie

I used to play ssb a lot. The only thing mew does to my knowledge is give you a lot of extra points in one player. But I could be wrong. It was a long time ago that I played. Game creators like to make the filler things like this for people trying to 100% the game. And that poke ball mania mode you play sounds really fun :-D. I will have to try it if I play again. Maybe since all the poke balls being thrown all over the place (with all the other pokemon damaging people) one could fly off at the perfect time to make it look like it?

#6 WookieCookie, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  7. mike6557

I thought he flew straight up? Maybe I'm playing a messed up version of sbb :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. ameliawesome

@WookieCookie: it is hilariously fun! only pokeballs, very high appearance, and damage 50%. i swearrrr i've been the victim of mew in regular play. maybe you have to jump into mew's arms to be carried off? i tried to make it happen by throwing pokeballs straight at the ground with my opponent right next to me, then one level above me, but it wasn't happening. and it takes so long to get a mew! so in my next theory test i'll have my friend throw the pokeballs and i'll jump at mew.

@mike6557: your ssb isn't messed up, lol, mew does fly straight up. well, sort of straight. more like a little swoop, then up.

9. ameliawesome

UPDATE. so my friend threw the pokeballs while i jumped around the stage (dk stage because it is the most reliably stable). there were no mews for so long, and then there was a clefairy using mew's attack. i tried to jump into clefairy's arms. no success. maybe i am crazy after all. maybe i'm still doing something wrong. maybe some day when i'm on my deathbed i'll be muttering about how i'll never really know if mew does anything in smash 64.