1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo Wii anyone?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Dominic, May 23, 2012.

1. Dominic

Dominic Guest

I was wondering if anyone still owns and plays their Nintendo Wii. I still have one and I like to play Gamecube games because most Wii games are really boring. I would love to have just a Gamecube, but I have a sister and brother who still play Wii games. So just for discussion:

-Do you have one/ had one?
    -Do you play just Wii games, both Gamecube and Wii games, or just Gamecube games?
    -Do you use the various channels that you can get on the Shopping Channel?
    -Favorite game(s)?
    -Anything else you want to share. :slight_smile:

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I only really use my Nintendo Wii for Super Mario Party games, and occasionally for the Wii sports when I feel like humiliating myself. I did used to go on the Wii Fit quite regularly too, but I got fed up of having the piss taken out of me by the animated balance board that kept labelling me as a 'couch potato' and shouting at me for missing days. :angry:

I tend not to bother going on it much anymore as I always lose at the games I play. On the rare occasions I do play a game tis usually with my boyfriend, and he always gets angry that the game is somehow cheating and causing him to be disadvantaged (even when he actually wins :rolleyes: ).

3. BudderMC

BRAWL AND MK:WII. Soooooooooo good. Mario Party is also up there. Pretty much the Wii was built for party gaming IMO, and that's what I use it for: playing with friends.

Though admittedly I haven't really played since I left for school, since it's a home... I have an unopened AC: City Folk that I should start playing. I always found Trauma Center to be fun too.

4. Lord Phoenix

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a wii.
    I play a mix of gamecube and wii games.
    I only use the internet channel. (obviously just answering your questions)
    I Like kirby, mario kart (dry bones = awesome), and ssbb (I use marth).
    It's kinda dumb, but I've always been an Animal Crossing fan...

5. Dominic

Dominic Guest

I love Animal Crossing so much. CF was kind of a disappointment to me. I try making a new town every once and a while, but the animals get really repetitive. It's like, "I don't care if you just ate 50 pounds of some imaginary food and now you feel bloated. You've told me that like six times already." I love the Gamecube version though. I have been kinda out of AC. I really wish the 3DS version would come out already. :slight_smile:

6. LostFound

Out Status:
    A few people
    Lets see here.

-I do have a wii.
    -I play mostly gamecube games. An old favorite that I keep playing over and over would be Luigi's mansion, however I do enjoy playing a few of the wii games such as twilight princess and I've always had a soft spot for Harvest moon.
    -Shopping channel... hmm I bought pokesnapshot or whatever its called and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on it but thats it.
    -Favorite games come in at Luigis Mansion, Harvest Moon, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.
    -I stopped loving my wii for a long time but recently have fallen back in love with that little white box :grin:

7. vyvance

- Have one.
    - Mostly Gamecube games.
    - No.
    - Windwaker and Sonic Adventure 2 and Fire Emblem games.

8. Cascade

I got one on release day way back in 2006. Used it for a few months but it quickly lost its charm.

I only use mine to play Gamecube games because my Gamecube corrupts my memory card. I have not played a straight Wii game on it for use. I play a version of Super Smash Bros. Brawl called Project M which basically makes Brawl Melee and thus much better. (Brawl is dumb) I don't have any favorite Wii games because the majority are pretty bad or poor imitations of good games. (Brawl, Animal Crossing: City Folk).

9. HunterN95

I have 3 lol... The first one is the white one that came out in november. We've had it since february 2007 and it's amazing how well it still works, considering we've been through 2 ps3's and 39348583992309309 xbox 360's. The other 2 are mine and my sister's respectively. I think it's a very fun console with lots of good games, even if the majority of them are just "party" games.

10. Just Passing

I quite like the Nintendo Wii and respect what it offered to the games industry, but it's not my favourite system and it's probably my least favourite system of Nintendo's. That being said however, I loved playing Wii Sports and in the right hands, developers could make great use out of the motion controls. I also find it refreshing that Nintendo aren't forcing downloadable content down everyone's throats, where as Sony and Microsoft are definitely guilty of doing this with their systems.

I also bought it just for the GoldenEye 007 remake, which when it got ported to the Xbox 360 and PS3 a year later, I was irritated, because I already owned a PS3 and wasn't expecting a port to the other consoles.

Pretty decent system and I'm glad to own one, though I have to be in the right mood to truly appreciate it. :slight_smile:

11. phliper12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I own one. I had at least 30 different Wii games during its peak. I have played the crap out of it and have had it since November of 2006. My favorite games are Zelda: Skyward Sword, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Zelda: Twilight Princess. I've downloaded a lot games off the shopping channel. I kind of quit playing Wii over the past year, besides Skyward Sword of course :slight_smile:. School was too busy and not many games lately. Besides, Nintendo is about to officially unveil its next generation console Wii U in a few weeks at E3. It comes out later this year and will most definitely be Nintendo's answer to 'teh hardcorz' lol

12. Michaelisopen

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    -Yep
    -Wii
    -Nope
    -ZELDA AND MARIOKART WII!!!!!!!!! And Epic Mickey.
    -I think Wii hit the nail on the head. The whole play with friends and family on one game in front of one screen appeals to many people.

In short,

It's AWESOME!

13. Jon56

Zelda! and Monster Hunter Tri is a VERY good/often unkown game that I HIGHLY recommend if you enjoy action/RPG type games

Anyone else play Monster Hunter? We can hunt together!

#13 Jon56, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012