1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are some good RPGs?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by AloneOutHere, May 25, 2012.

1. AloneOutHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm super into Sims 3 and Assassin's Creed rightnow.. but I was wondering if you guys know any really good RPGs I could try out. Preferably for PC orPS3. Thanks!

ps - a description of the games would make my day (!)

2. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's a list of some RPG's i enjoyed playing.

Serious Sam 1: The first Encounter
    Serious Sam 2: The Second Encounter
    Half-Life 1
    Half-Life 2
    Doom 1
    Doom 2
    Doom 3
    DeadSpace 2
    Hellgate: London
    Area 51

This is some of my favorites.

3. Fiender

Good RPG's?

Fallout 3: Post apocalyptic story set in the radioactive ruins of Washington D.C.
    Skyrim: Dragons invade the snowy province of Skyrim, and the main character is the only one who can stop 'em.
    Bordlerlands: Over-the-top Shooter-RPG with stylish are and very fun loot/weapon system.
    Dark Souls: Brutally unforgiving game set in a world where fantasy/reality elements are in conflict.
    The Witcher 2: I have not played this one, but I hear it is excellent.

Those are some of my favorite RPG's. I would have suggested some Bioware games, but I would hate for you to get attached to their older works just to suffer the pain of their recent failings (Assuming you've never played a Bioware RPG). I know from personal experience how much it hurts.

Also, you listed Assassin's Creed and Sims. Are you sure you are looking for tried-and-true Role Playing Games, or just games with RPG elements? Because there are plenty of those.

Um, not to be rude, but I don't think most of those games are RPG's :/

4. Travel Tech

I entered this thread expecting some good stuff. I guess I;ll just get back to playtesting D&D's next edition. Or maybe I'll play some Star Trek TNG RPG. And I'll do it with pen and paper, like REAL MEN.

5. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kingdoms of Amalur: The Awakening

It is sort of Diablo III meets fantasy. You start the game as a dead man/woman, your body gets dumped in a huge cave with all the other dead folks, but something happened, something brought you back to life and because of it, you are in control of fate, where fate was in control of you before you died. As you battle enemies, you can determine their fate. You have a vast range of characters and customization, and guess what... there are fae who some will help you, while others try to kill you. Besides killing wolfs bears and what not, there are creatures of magic which you have to battle and humans as well.

6. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I think you've confused RPG for FPS, because those are definitely first-person shooters and not role-playing games. Unless you're making a rocket-propelled grenade pun, in which case I'm afraid the joke was too subtle.

7. Bolin

If you have a PC, I strongly recommend you play the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic series. There are two games in the series, but the second is more or less (I'm leaning more on "more") incomplete, but I think there are several patches and whatnot online where you can play a more complete version of the game. The first game seems to be centered more on story (there's also a level cap =/ ) and the second seems to be focused more on combat (there's also a level cap, but there's a 99% chance that you won't reach it). And you don't even have to be a Star Wars fan to enjoy them. Several of my friends who are indifferent about Star Wars or don't like Star Wars have played the games and thoroughly enjoyed them. A Star Wars RPG might sound weird, but they're both definitely awesome. :slight_smile:

And for PS3, Final Fantasy XIII is fun.

8. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree, a little too subtle!

9. AloneOutHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know that Sims and AC aren't exactly RPGs, but i like the element of being a player like Sims but making it do exactly what you want just like AC. So I guess that's what I'm looking for to clarify... The best example I can think of is WOW but I can't get into it because it's magic stuff and sorta lame.. sorry if you guys like it. But that's what I'm thinkin'

#9 AloneOutHere, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
  10. Waffles

Go onto newgrounds and search "Epic Battle Fantasy"
    This game has won AWARDS for it's music and overall gameplay.
    Addicting and overall fun. :grin: