1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who here plays REAL Role-Playing games?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Travel Tech, May 27, 2012.

1. Travel Tech

Mostly just a funny little counter to the other RPG thread (which will not be mentioned). Who here plays Tabletop Role-Playing Games? I mean real, pen and paper, sitting at a table with your nerdy friends games.

I've played D&D 3.5 and avoid 4th edition like the plague. I'm playtesting D&D's new edition, I've also played some Pathfinder, GURPS, Star Trek TNG RPG, and a couple others.

2. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've wanted to very much, but I can't find enough interested people.

3. Hot Pink

I play D&D 3.5 every other week and DM every other week in the same group. I've played Pathfinder, which was cool. Never played a lot of it, though. I also played 4e, but I didn't really like it. We're play testing 5e next Friday. 5e actually looks a lot more like 3.5, with a bit of 4e mixed in. Looks a bit promising.

4. KittyBoy

I do! I do! D&D, Warhammer, 40K, LoTR: War of the Ring, and lots more! Got quite a few friends who play too!

5. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I used to play some games over the phone with some friends. Some D&D, some original games my friend made.

I've also made a few campaigns and stories just for me to play, so I have something to do in class.

It'd be neat to get together with some people to play again, but I don't know anyone who does this.

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have played Shadowrun, GURPS, D&D 3.5, Pathfinder, two White Wolf systems, and FATE (no, not FATAL as we will not speak of that abomination; FATE).

So far, I like Pathfinder the best.

7. Hazel

The only DM around here is some twat who had a "no girls allowed" policy back in high school. I've been doing a lot of reading up in the hopes that I can start a more mature group this summer or fall.

8. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep! Pathfinder and 7th Sea at the moment, I've also played most editions of D&D.

9. BudderMC

A couple friends and I are starting D&D, though I'm sure we're all terrible. It's mostly for fun. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In my opinion, the only people who are terrible are the ones who just want to play a combat game all the time, and the people who want to be dicks to the other players and disrupt the game.

There are no "superior nerds" in tabletop rpgs.

11. BudderMC

Fair enough. Well, I suppose I meant "terrible" as in we're all "terribly noob" to the game. We pretty much picked up a cheap set, pirated a bunch of more current stuff online and are learning how to play the game together, lol.

It does make for good times though. :grin:

12. Hawthorne

Wait people here play table tops!! ^-^ I play hmm lets see assorted boardgames( my fav is Arkam Horror) I play Maliphaux (if you haven't heard of it, it is somewhat like Warhammer 40k mini's) which is fun but I am horrible at it cause I just want to fight and not really want to do the objective part. I used to play D&D 3.5 with a group of friends but now I only play pathfinder though we are the same group. I also played magic I haven't actually played in a competitive format for awhile it is mainly a group of us pooling cards and goofing around.

13. Travel Tech

Wait a second, does anyone here want to play a game over e-mail or something? That would be awesome.

14. Hawthorne

Well i know you can play D&D I have done so using wow as just a hang out and use it to do rolls and stuff fun but different.

15. BudderMC

I'd suggest doing it over chat; more instant and probably easier. Though depending on what information you're sharing that might be a violation of the rules... <_<

16. joeyblack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is a site called meetup where you can join or start a group with you interests. You may be able to find people to play via the site.

17. AdamStark

AdamStark Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My friends and I played Advanced D&D in high school every weekend. I played a transgender female elf rogue and she was one of my favorite creations ever. The most fun I ever had was when another group of friends and I played a game set in the Avatar: The Last Airbender world and based on the HEROES system. So. Much. Fun.

Sadly, since I moved for my new job I haven't played, though I still have my books and die.

18. Andane

Well, I never have, but a couple of my friends got me to join my school's games club and they play it. Though I joined near the end of the year and didn't get a chance to. However, they're holding weekly Pathfinder games at my town's local games shop, so I was gonna go there and try it. Although I don't really know how to play =P It looks fun though!

19. UnsureOtaku

UnsureOtaku Guest

I play GURPS, it's incredibly fun.

20. Travel Tech

I've never been able to get a serious game of that going. I've always thought it sounded good though.