1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tekken !

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Jakkur, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Jakkur

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, who is a Tekken fan? Favourite characters? Favourite game of the series? And who's excited for Tekken Tag Tournament 2?! I certainly am. What teams will you be using? I'm excited about Jun's return but I will be using Xiaoyu/Wang!

:eusa_danc

2. vyvance

Bryan Fury, Steve Fox, Asuka Kazama, Sergei Dragunov, and Leo Kliesen are all my favorites. Will make my TTT2 team out of some combination of those characters.

3. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a pretty big tekken fan. It's the only video game I'll ever play, minus when I'm with friends.
    I play most often with Christie Monteiro. I've gotten pretty good with her :grin:

4. Bolin

Tekken is not only my favorite fighting game franchise, it's my favorite video game franchise. Period. xD My favorite character is Nina Williams, but she's not my best. My best characters are Julia, Asuka, Wang, Jin, Kazuya (in that order). I'm sooooo excited for Tag 2! I can't wait to use Jun again! I've seen some killer combinations with the Asuka/Jun team, and Jun's new moves look AMAZING. I know for sure that she's going to be one of my mains.

5. Jakkur

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You sound like you're a big fan of Tekken like me! Jun looks awesome, definitely more hardcore than Tekken Tag... and her moves have had a major revamp! Nina is awesome and I wish I was good at other characters besides Xiaoyu... you just have to practice a ton I guess. What console do you/will you be playing on?

6. Bolin

I'm going to be playing it on PS3. And I'm glad Jun's moves got revamped, too. She was a bit sluggish in Tekken 2/Tekken Tag 1, so it's nice to see her fighting more fluidly and quickly. I hope I master her I will master her. XD

Also, I used to be good with Xiaoyu...before Tekken 4. xD My best characters are ones I never thought I'd actually like playing as, so I was surprised. I forgot to add Dragunov up there, too.

7. toms7

tekken is a great game the 5th is the best in my opinion!
    i like to play steve the most !

8. AdamStark

AdamStark Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've always been a big Tekken fan; in fact it's the only 3D fighter I ever really got into. I was always fond of Nina from the get go, though I managed to rock a mean Paul Phoenix when I play, too. I can't even begin to count the hours I lost in middle school when my friends and I were addicted to Tekken 3 on the Playstation.

When TT2 drops this fall I'm going to be all over it. I'm looking forward to pairing my beloved Nina Williams with Lili since she was the character I put the most time into in Tekken 6. I love her attitude, her fashion and her play style. We'll see how the two mesh once the game comes out.

9. vyvance

Despite how poorly SFxTK turned out, I'm interested to see how Namco will do with their side of the crossover. Regardless of how it turns out, TTT2 will still be great. :grin:

10. AdamStark

AdamStark Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Maybe I was in the minority, but I enjoyed SFxT. The fuss over the DLC characters was understandable, but I liked the game. I still play it quite regularly. Still, I'm very much looking forward to TTT2 since Namco has an awesome track record.

11. Jonathan

I wouldn't say that I'm a major tekken fan by any means (I honestly don't know all too much about the games) but whenever I play I always tend to be King.

12. djt820

Tekken 3 is the best fighting game ever made. I used to go to the arcade and beat the shit out of everyone with Law. I would be cheap as fuck and you would be stuck in my flying kick rampage. Though, Yoshimitsu is my personal favorite character. Hwoarang's hot too so yeah.

13. Eponine

I've always stuck with Xiaoyu and Julia since Tekken 3.

14. Bolin

Finally, someone agrees with me. XD

Wasn't a big Julia fan to begin with, but I love her post Tekken 4...so much that she's my best character now. XD

15. ShadowDragon

I love Tekken <3 Its not my favorite fighting game but its one of my favorites :grin: Tekken Tag Team 2 looks amazing! Alisa is most definently my main I kick butt with her.. Anna, Nina, and Lili and my other characters of choice.

16. vyvance

I read somewhere that the "new" character in Tag 2, Jaycee, is just Julia in disguise or something. Anyone know if she is getting a new move-set to go with the new look assuming it is her?

17. Bolin

Jaycee is Julia and plays just like Julia with a few new wrestling moves. She also has a "bouncer" fighting stance. If you want to play as normal Julia, you just select the costume without the mask, and she'll also have her normal fighting stance from T6.

18. vyvance

Ah, makes sense. Is that how "Devil" transformation works for Kazuya too, just a costume swap to activate?

19. Bolin

No, since Kazuya technically gained control of his Devil gene between Tekken 4 and 5, it's somewhat of a continuity nod allowing him to transform into Devil Kazuya mid-fight. I don't know how you transform, though....(obviously, since the game hasn't even come out on consoles yet, haha).

20. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

NINA FUCKING WILLIAMS!!!i <3