1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wwdc 2012

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by starfish, Jun 10, 2012.

1. starfish

So WWDC is tomorrow.

I am hoping they announce new MacBooks. I have a 2007 MacBook Pro which is on its last legs.

2. RealityCheck

Rumors I hear are that there will be a new MacBook Pro series announced. Heard possibly a screen like the new Ipad. Other than IOS 6 I haven't heard much else except unreliable hardware stuff. Oh, update to Apple TV as well. Everything is a guess besides IOS6 though. TBH, I don't own an Apple product besides an Ipod touch. I'm probably gonna jump on that bandwagon the next time around though.

3. kizza111

New Macbook Pros with retina displays, new processors, and no disc-drive, new iMacs with retina display and new processors, iOS 6, an apple tv as in an actual tv screen not just a small box.

That's what i've heard from "the cult cast" if you want to listen it's on iTunes.

4. starfish

Well the new MacBook Pro with the retina display looks nice. Not sure if I want to spend $3K on a laptop. I'll have to ponder this one a bit.

5. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was disappointed that they didn't do some more with iOS 6. I was especially expecting them to do something better with multitasking or revolutionize what we know as the home screen and stuff. I mean it's been virtually the same since day one.

I was also surprised they didn't announced third-party APIs for Siri. Adding sports is hardly that exciting.

But I was impressed with everything on Mountain Lion to be honest. And the new "next-generation" Macbook Pro does look absolutely amazing. I think the retina display will be awful though for ages, since there is only ONE Macbook Pro and it's bloody-damn-well expensive. So I don't think it will sell in very large numbers; just to professionals. That means that all the millions of web pages won't be updated for retina-level graphics. And if anybody has used unoptimised apps on a retina iPhone or iPad display: they look awful. And so will the majority of the web.

But it's amazing to see Apple going full-force ahead with simultaneous iOS and OS X development, and amazing hardware releases all in one day.