1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo 3DS XL

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TheDude, Jun 25, 2012.

1. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Anyone here considering buying it?
    I've already put my 3ds on sale and can't wait to get the xl. I just like bigger screens, and the 3ds's screens feels to small for me.

2. Tim

Tim

Well, if I ever do get a 3ds, this is the one I will want. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But otherwise no. I'm still happy with my regular old DS Phat.

3. Fumi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If they had added the second analog stick, I would get one.

4. Not so much. Has the battery life improved?

5. Neutrality

Not till the new Fire Emblem comes out =P

6. Cascade

I believe that original 3DS battery life is 1.5-3 hours while the 3DSXL is 3.5-6 hours. So yes.

I don't even think getting a 3DS is really worth it, and this is coming from someone who's had one since launch. And personally I prefer my handhelds smaller, pocket-sized so the XL is sort of the opposite of what I'm looking for.

7. Night Rain

I agree. 3D is gimmick anyway. And the 3DS graphics are a big leap from the DS, but the screen resolution is garbage. I would skip this generation, unless they come out with a smaller and long-lasting 3DS.

8. Tim

Tim

Honestly, as someone who is perfectly fine with his regular DS, I want a 3DS. Not because of the 3D.

But because the graphics of the 3DS have the capabilities up to the graphics of a Wii. Though some people will say it's worse than the gamecube, some say better than the GC, and I've met quite a few people who say better than the Wii. xD

Either way, a massive graphics upgrade to the DS.

But I'm not in a rush to upgrade to a 3DS. At the rate they're going, they're going to introduce another new console next year.

9. Night Rain

It's somewhat on par with the Wii (with some parts better, some worse) but with those small screens, of course you will see better. The problem is, the 3DS screens are not like Apple's Retina Display, they really suck and bring the experience down. 400x240 on the upper screen really sucks. You can literally see the pixel. And let's not forget about the battery issue. That's a big no for me.

10. I should really know better by now to not buy stuff right off the bat. I have the regular 3DS, then I read the article about the 3DSXL. "Are you ******* kidding me?"

I'd say I'd buy it, but then they'll probably just come out with another version. So, for now, I'm content with my small screen. Really wish they'd hurry up and bring out some new games though.

11. Night Rain

They won't, for a while. With Nintendo handheld you'd better not buy their first version. The second version is bound to be way better than the first. But the 3DS is still solid on its own. So no loss there.

12. I know eh? I think most of the games I'm waiting for won't come out until the holiday season, or even until next year...

It's true, the same happened with the old DS, didn't they have like 4 new editions?

I might buy the 3DSXL later on though. It seems like a much needed improvement. Maybe I'll sell my 3DS for some extra cash, then just buy the new one. Hmm we'll see though.

13. Night Rain

I can't wait for people to sell their 3DS so I can get my hands on one. :tears: What do you know, I'm poor as :***:!

14. Awe! Well I'd sell you mine for cheap if I could. I'm pretty much done with it as far as games right now. Until they come out with more...just been sitting on my shelf. C'mon Nintendo! Seriously, by the time they come out with new games, I think I might have bought the new version by then.

15. Night Rain

Thanks for the thought.:icon_wink There are only 2 or 3 3DS games that interest me so far, so I know exactly what you mean. :grin: Even the new Pokemon game is going to be on the DS for crying out loud!:bang:

16. Is it really?! What the hell? You know what I really would like to see, is a reintroduction of the original Pokemon Blue, and Red for the 3DS. I'm getting a bit sick of all these new Pokemon, who quite frankly are starting to look less and less like Pokemon. Or, at least have in the games, every single Pokemon, instead of the new generation. How can I even catch them all anymore? There's like 600 Pokemon now....They also need a new Pokemon Snap game. Whether on the WiiU or 3DS, although for the 3DS that could be pretty cool.

17. Night Rain

Yeah, Pokemon Black and White 2, but it's enhanced for the DSi and 3DS.
    I'm kinda unimpressed by the new Pokemon, they look really weird and funny (in a bad way).:dry: It's hard to pick a good team for myself when all the good Pokemon look ridiculous!
    As much as I love the original, I also like Pokemon Gold/Silver, but I guess they remade that. What I really want is to have a full size Pokemon game, with all the regions. I particularly like Gold/Silver because they have 2 regions.:icon_bigg
    And I can't believe someone actually remembers Pokemon Snap!:eek: I never played it (there was this one simulator but I think it didn't work well) but I was very fascinated by it and I'm kinda tired with all the battles too so a relaxing sight-seeing picture-taking Pokemon Snap is a good idea.:thumbsup: I doubt they'd do that though.

18. They really do, when I was playing the last game. The black version, I had no desire or care for who my 6 Pokemon were. Besides my Oshawott. I was like "I dislike all of you..." I mean they had an icecream Pokemon that evolved into a sundae...? Good thing I love icecream. It was still kind of a WTF? moment.

Kind of like a sandbox game? It would be cool to have something like the GTA series/Oblivion, except in Pokemon form. And you actually got to see the Pokemon roam the regions. And other people.. You'd have the Pokecentres and houses that you could enter etc. You could have all the regions built into the game to travel to. *sigh* that would be awesome..

YES!! I loved Pokemon Snap! I think because it was cute to see the Pokemon physically in their habitat, especially seeing the Growlithe pups playing. ^_^ Instead of the handheld games where it's like *queue battle music* and then it's a surprise what Pokemon you encountered. Still fun, just wish you could see them interact in the games, instead of only seeing them in battle form. It gave them more personality.

19. Night Rain

I think we got a little off-topic now, but what the heck! :grin:
    Yeah, I've thought of GTA(or some RPG game)/Pokemon a lot. With technology today you would think they did something similar by now.
    Ha, even in the battles they just stand there like statues, and when they attack, the attack comes out of nowhere and sort of hits the target (something you would find in last century games). Skyrim/Pokemon Snap will be awesome! I would play just for the scenery.

To get back on topic, I think the 3D on the 3DS is a waste, and Nintendo should have used that money to improve other aspects of the DS and make a true DS2.:eusa_naug