1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stop the Trap - Internet Privacy

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Revan, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As many of us remember when the government was trying to interrupt our internet privacy, well it seems people are at it all over again except on a criminal level. While I don't really know if it has a chance of happening as of course the government I'm assuming would still have to vote it into law, it's still a rather big deal as any of us could be sent to court on charges just for clicking a wrong link, pretty sure they could include any of you under 18 too. I've copied and pasted info below:

For Canadians, Harper just signed us onto the arrangement without our consent. A group known as Open Media has started a petition you can sign here: Letter to Supporters: Once you're trapped, there's no going back | OpenMedia.ca

While Americans and I believe other countries including Europe, etc as I believe this could effect you too can all sign the OpenMedia International's petition found here: Stop The Trap | OpenMedia International

Let's prevent our privacy from being invaded (and yes I know this is a corny way to end the post)

2. Hawthorne

It is for stopping piracy and it will not go through at least in the USA so I doubt it will ever see the light of day. This kinda violates our freedom of speech and some other things in our constitution so it should be repealed and Open Media I believe is the same company as Universal Media Group just in Canada and that company is evil.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's evil? Well they're still trying to stop it...though even I haven't signed it just yet...