1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I-Pod syncing question.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Alex94, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

If my I-Pod is not synced to a computer can I still add songs from one computer to my I-Pod without erasing the songs I have synced on my I-Pod from another computer?

2. i dont think youll be able to add any songs because it needs to 'update' when you add them.... i could be wrong though.

3. Night Rain

Yes, you can, but it can require a bit of messing around. Try googling it. I'll get back to you if you still need help and when I have the time.

4. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I actually just went to Google and typed it in. It brought me to apple's site for tech support. All I had to do was select "manually sync" music on my I-Pod's summary page, after that I just dragged and dropped the songs I wanted onto my I-Pod on the sidebar...It was actually really simple...I even updated it while I was their.
    (Got to love Google!!)

-Thanks for the replies!!

5. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok what I would suggest, the list of songs you have on your ipod, to have the songs handy in a separate folder on a USB stick. Keep that with you and copy songs you like from other people to the USB stick.

THe thing is, you can not copy the songs from the iPod to a PC since once a song goes on the iPod, it's getting a protective layer to the file, making only playable on your iPod. If you sync with someone else then the songs on your iPod will be replaced with that of the computer's playlist.

What you can do though is connect the iPod, but quite iTunes, then use windows explorer or which ever equivalent in your OS of choice, browse to the music folder on the PC, copy the files, browse the folder on the iPod and paste it there.
    Having said this though, there isn't a guarantee that all songs will play on the iPod, well depends on what format the music is.