1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple returns policy

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by kizza111, Jul 4, 2012.

1. kizza111

I bought the new iPad on it's release date, and began to notice a kind of shining, glaring light out of the side of the screen, which can become quite annoying and distracting when watching a film or playing a game. I looked it up and a lot of people seem to have the same issue, though the advice i got was that it was the factory glue still needing to dry,and it would fix itself in time. It's been a few months now and the problem hasn't gone away...

I didn't find it TOO much of an issue so left it for now, in the hope it would get better. But recently, i ran out of room on my iPad... (32gb).

So I had an idea: return the iPad on the grounds of this screen fault (apple is known for being very helpful with returns etc) for a cash refund and then purchase a new, 64gb one to double my memory for only an extra £80. (as well as wanting more memory, i do feel that i should return it anyway as if the screen issue is serious and becomes worse over time, i need to really sort it out while it's in warranty.)

Basically i want to know if apples returns policy will allow this? I don't even know if they offer cash refunds, maybe they'll only give me the option of taking it in for a repair, which is fine, but wouldn't solve the memory issue. So does anyone know if my idea is actually going to work? Thanks for any help :slight_smile:

P.S - I know i could probably find out by diving into their returns policy online but i'm sure it's very long and boring so it'd be easier if anyone here knows from experience instead.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unlikely they would give you a cash refund on a repair issue, otherwise, whenever a new version of something came out, everyone would have "repair issues" and get the new one for free or for the cost difference.

Apple is known to be very service oriented, but I think what you're trying to do is over the line.

3. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can tell you right now that that's not gonna work, because Apple usually doesn't give refunds. What they generally do when you come in with an issue, is they will almost always give you a brand new iPad, as that's cheaper for them than it would be to repair. But obviously they'd give you the same one you have now, with 32 gb :slight_smile:

4. starfish

If you have an Apple Sore near by I'd suggest giving them a visit. Just mention them while they are doing the swap you would like to upgrade and would pay the difference. If you catch the guy in a good mood they might do it.

If not ask them to not open the new one and sell it.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you have an Apple Sore nearby, I'd see a doctor :slight_smile:

6. Mercuree

Sounds like something out of fringe... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. kizza111

Hmm... not the responses i would've liked :lol: but thanks for replying! I guess it's worth going to the store. I'm not in quick reply so i don't remember who said it, but the offering to pay the difference idea seems like it's worth a shot, i mean, if they're getting extra money from me and they get all the parts back (inc the expensive retina display) from my current iPad it will probably benefit them...