1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sudden wifi problems

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Dan82, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Dan82

I’ve suddenly started having a problem where I will lose net access and when I try to figure why there are no networks available I’ll get a message “turn on wireless capability”. I’ve had this computer for 4 years is this just my wireless card getting old or is there something I can do to fix this? This problem will often only last one or minutes then fix itself.

2. BudderMC

No idea to be honest... but maybe looking for driver updates for your wireless card might be helpful? :/

3. Jared

Even if the driver doesn't need to be updated reinstalling it might help. Also if you're running Windows a system restore to point before the problem started, that might work.

4. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Alright now I don't have a whole lot of information to go on here.

Couple questions, what OS do you have, what is the computer doing before you lose internet, and when you lose internet what do you do to get it back on / or how long does it take to turn itself back on.

If it's not detecting a wireless signal and there is nothing wrong with your router then it is probably either the adapter or the network card. Sometimes when your computer is waking up from sleep mode the network card doesn't turn back on and that may be the problem too.

I'm going to ask you to for the next time this happens go into device manager and find your network card, tell me if it says anything about it not working or if you don't see it in there.

Thanks ^,^

5. Dan82

well whatever the problem was it seems to have gone away. i bought a usb wifi in case it starts happening again.