1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keylogger

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Chrissouth53, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Chrissouth53

Just wondering if anyone knows how to detect a keylogger on a computer. Wondering if one has been installed on mine.

2. SunSparks

Ok. Here is what I recommend that you do immediately if you believe or have suspicion that you have a keylogger. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for free and install it. Run Malwarebytes and perform an update. When it is done updating, disconnect your computer from the internet to prevent the keylogger from sending information to its owner over the internet. Perform a Full Scan on Malwarebytes. If there is a keylogger, the program is likely to catch it. If it doesnt find anything and you feel that there still is a keylogger on your computer, download Spybot Search and Destroy and perform the same action. I personally have used Malwarebytes and its perfectly safe to use. I havent used Spybot S&D but a lot of others have and told me its also a good program.

Hope this helps! Best of luck!

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have used spybot search and destroy before. It is a great program. It saved my old laptop from many different spyware infections. (I have a macbook now so I don't have to worry about spyware as much.)

4. SunSparks

Well...I would advise you to be careful. over the last few years, Macs have become so much more common and virus infections are much more common - so much so that even Apple changed one of its tag lines about viruses. BTW - I've been rocking my PC for a while now... you know how many viruses I've had on my computers thus far - none! To be honest, I seriously don't know how people even get viruses... anyways... sorta of topic >.<

5. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A computer is just a bunch of hardware and software. Just because it's a MAC does not mean it's virus/adware proof. Get an antivirus on your computer, it's not difficult and there are good and free ones like AVAST! that work wonderfully, they take all of 10 mins to install and update themselves.

To fix your computer download Maleware bytes, grab spybot search and destroy, and install an antivirus. Do all of those scans in safe mode and your computer should be fine <3

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was not saying that it was. I was just saying that it is less common for them to get viruses. I have a program that I scan it with to make sure that it is clean.

7. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty sure MacOS has never been cracked by a virus - Mac viruses almost all work by tricking the user into allowing the virus permissions, so as such macintosh viruses require human error to operate.

at least that's as far as i understand (i still prefer PC's)

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dunno about that. After all with that whole PC virus that shut down 10s of 1000s of computers two weeks ago, MacBooks were unaffected from my understanding. Just saying.