1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ugh... Best friend's drunken boyfriend breaks my ipod touch

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by pace e amore, Jul 26, 2012.

1. pace e amore

And my reliable ipod nano 3g has been missing for like a year so I've been forced to downgrade to my old ipod mini that can't even hold a charge. It's not too bad because i just need something that plays music but the battery issue irritates the hell out of me. Is there any way I can take something like a battery from an old mp3 player and put it in my ipod so it can hold a charge? At this point I haven't even been able to take the damn thing apart. My prowess as the family tech geek is now in peril, this is a matter of utmost importance.

2. SlickyPants

It isn't really ideal but you might try just buying a portable charger that has a USB port and then carry both with you.

Something like this maybe.

http://www.amazon.com/PowerGen-Exte...43360157&sr=8-2&keywords=Portable+USB+charger

I've never done it but I have a similar type of charger that I used when I went camping. It's kind of awkward with cables but you could connect your iPod Mini via USB and run it off the external battery. It is essentially charging your iPod but it I'm pretty sure you can still use your iPod while it's charging. I can't remember if the older ones can or not.

3. SunSparks

Wow.. iPod mini.... never heard of that before xP
    Anyways, sorry about above xD
    Ok, you can easily change the battery. You will need to buy a new battery because I believe its a proprietary battery, but of course, what do I know about apple products, especially old stuff....

You can easily find text instructions and video instructions on google. The process is fairly easy to swap out things in apple stuff. Just a week ago, I changed a broken screen on an iPhone... its really not too hard. I recommend this tutorial because its pretty detailed so you cant really mess up :slight_smile:

Hope it helps!

4. Mercuree

ifixit.com should have a nice teardown for it.

5. Pauline

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think if he broke it he should buy you a new one only fare?