1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else still love pokemon?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Neutrality, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Neutrality

I'm embarrsed but, I still love poke'mon at 22....I wonder if this will work.

OK, guys, we gotta rap some Pokémon.
    You just do the singing. I'll take care of the hard part.
    Let's get it on!

I want to be the best
    there ever was.
    To beat all the rest, yeah,
    that's my cause.

Electrode....

(I hope I'm not the only one that know's this whole rap=P )

2. Night Rain

Oh man I love Pokemon Rap!

Yeah right. =.=

Let's see...

Electrode Diglett Nidoran Mankey Venusaur Rattata Fearow Pidgey Seaking Jolteon Dragonite Gastly Ponyta Vaporeon Poliwrath Butterfree!!!

I admit I don't know it by heart. The random order isn't helping.

3. Lad123

I only like the classic pokemon though, oh the nostalgia! Does anyone else think the newer pokemon stuff is stupid? Like the designs and names are not very original.

4. Hot Pink

I love Pokemon. I still play the new games. White/Black had an interesting story. I can't wait to play the sequel.

Also, the new designs are just as silly as the old ones. You're looking back at them with rosy eyes.

5. SunSparks

hmmm.... never learned that song...
    i thought it was a fun concept but I wasnt running to the store or tv to do anything with them... now, I think the iconic picachu (is that how you spell it? - looks weird) hats are fun and cute...thats about it

6. Night Rain

The new names are terrible and deserve some massive facepalm.:tantrum:

7. Level75

The thing about Pokemon, and Nintendo in general, is that they are always deceptively childish and whimsical. But look deeper and they are actually rather complex and require a lot of thought or meticulous timing. In the case of Pokemon, some of the strategies go much deeper than simply going for the "It's super effective!" route.

So that there are actually a lot of older fans isn't all that surprising.

8. shironuma

Oh God, I only watched Pokemon in Japanese since I was raised there so I only know the English Pokerap badly XDDD (I know the Japanese one well tho).

I love Pokemon and I'm 24! I am currently playing Black 2 in Japanese, everyone should really get it when it's out on USA/Europe! The 4th gym is the sassiest thing on Earth!

9. BornAnew

haha yup. Still can't get enough of it. I forced my friends to listen to the Pokemon theme song the Johto season theme song all the time :grin:

Can't wait for Pokemon Black/White 2 either!

10. Romi

I decided the other day that one day in the near future I am going to pick out a random pokemon and just speak like them all day. To indulge in my obnoxious urges, I have to find the most annoying pokemon speaker ever. :grin:

But to the point. I still love pokemon at 24. Although, the newer ones are a huge hit or miss. Honestly, they miss more than they hit. Where's the aim!?!?

11. MusicIsLife

I LOVE pokemon! I was in a pokemon tournament two years ago :grin: And I still play the games and once in a while I watch the show :grin:

12. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm still madly in love with Pokemon and G5 has some of my favorite Pokemon and names of all time.

13. BudderMC

I think you took the one verse I actually knew. :frowning2:

Now, give me the Pokémon theme song and then we're in business :thumbsup:

14. Aielar

Hell yeah I still love Pokemon, always will. Even when I am 60 hahaha

15. Tim

Tim

[​IMG]

I see what you mean.

Oh, don't forget the pile of sludge. The magnet. The bee. The rat. The root. The fire horse.

Yep. The dragons that appear to have motors for tails, the samurai otter, and stunfisk. They're totally less original.

On top of this, since Unova's meant to be the US compared to Japan, a lot of the new things make sense. There are parallels to the original 151 pokemon on purpose. Like Aerodactyl and Archeops or Zubat and Swoobat, etc.

Despite what people think, the newest generation is actually the most creative one. Really, have you ever seen a pig floating around with a purple floral pattern on it's back that grows up to have smoke come out of a trunk it grows?

16. BudderMC

If that's actually what it's supposed to be, then I think I have more respect for the newer gen than I did before.

It's less "original" in the sense that it's totally original. The first Pokémon at least made some ounce of sense, or referenced something significant (most of them, anyway). Whereas now, it seems like they're turning things they haven't already touched into monsters, or turning things they HAVE already touched into monsters again, but worse. A rat monster? Sure. A double floating ice-cream cone monster? Ehh.

17. Tim

Tim

Yes, that's what it is.

Unova is New York, as confirmed by the designer/creator/whatever.

That's why Ash had to take a plane there in the anime, and why none of the new pokemon were in the original game. (Until after the e4). It's -rumored- that's why Lenora is black, Iris is another ethnicity (never confirmed), etc. Because America's a melting pot of ethnicities, whereas Japan is for the most part, one.

Hence why we have a pigeon, trash bags, aliens, ice cream, etc. They play on American culture. The starters are the exception, in which they took inspiration from eastern culture, western culture, and something else I don't recall. xD

The basic ideas may be unoriginal, but a living ice cream that ISN'T ice cream? Look closer. They're Stalactites with snow covering them. They just happened to be shaped like ice cream. And an overflowing trash bag that has a metal skeleton and pigtails? Who would think of this? That's called being original with designing. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. BudderMC

^ well, that's actually pretty cool then. I haven't followed the full-blown story since like the first gen, so I'm way outdated xD.

I still don't like the new ones as much as the originals, because well, the originals are the originals. It's nostalgia at it's finest. But at least I respect why they are what they are.

19. Night Rain

I just don't like the new Pokemon because most of them look butt-ugly. It was really hard for me to pick out a team. The good Pokemon look gross, and the good-looking ones are weak. Then I decided I should just choose whatever I like and forget about the types/moves.

[​IMG]
    Seriously... They look even worse in-game and their other forms are just as bad.

#19 Night Rain, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  20. Tim

Tim

Yea... those are actually 3 of my least favorite gen. 5 pokemon.

They're -ORIGINAL- but they're god awful ugly.

They're freaking annoying to fight though. :S Tornadus (pure flying) has prankster (+1 priority) nasty plot and a decent speed stat with great coverage attacks. >_<

I do know, I <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Prankster Liepard. xD