1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod or Ipad?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Menaki-Neko, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    I was wondering if an Ipod Touch or an Ipad were better? And how much does an Ipod Touch cost?

2. prism

Well, they're completely different things. Are you looking for an MP3 player or a... lesser laptop? I never really understood the appeal of tablets, especially when people buy little keyboards for them. WHY? Just get a laptop, or a netbook!

I own a 64GB iPod Touch 4g. First and last Apple product I will ever own. I don't like the software, battery life, and I plain just don't trust Apple.
    iPod Touch 4G:
    8GB: $199
    32GB: $299
    64GB: $399

They've been out for over a year though. If your heart is set on an iPod touch, I would say wait until the 5G comes out. Otherwise, there are better MP3 players out there. I wouldn't mind trying out a Samsung Galaxy Player.

3. SunSparks

As an Apple hater myself, I have me an iPad and I think its great! I think that with 3 gadgets, you can cover everything you need, Windows laptop, Apple Tablet, and Android Phone. Tablets - in my use - are so much easier to use and much more convenient. I would rather take my ipad to class than laptop because laptops are much bigger and the fact that I have all my textbooks in electronic form, being able to view it in the proper orientation (portrait) instead of always having landscape on laptops is much easier. I would never try to read a book on my laptop. Also, when taking notes - I use my ipad - because its so much easier to carry that than everything else plus I can organize it so much better. Anyways, back onto the topic...

prism is completely right, they are far too different to compare them. I use tablet for browsing, notes, scratch paper, reading, time management, etc. I use phone for music, phone stuff, pictures. With a touch, you would basically only use it for games and music - for a short time because the battery sucks on the touches. But on iPad, much more flexible - music, browsing, reading, games, etc. They are used for different things.

4. solost44

solost44 Guest

I was reluctant to get an iPad for work but went with it anyway and I also bought the keyboard case to use with it. I really got hooked with the stupid thing and ended up buying an iPhone as well. Between the two of them I rarely use my computer most days. The FaceTime function has been great to be able to converse with family who lives out of town. A big surprise is that prior to these purchases you never would have caught me owning an apple product! Hope that gives you some help with your decision.

#4 solost44, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2012
  5. jeffersonM4367

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    i did not understand why you are comparing iPod with iPad? Those two have different functions and best in their category. For music you can definitely use iPod and for quick works, surfing or other works you can use tablet iPad.