1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ForceAndVerve, Aug 17, 2012.

1. ForceAndVerve

So...I did a search and couldn't find anything about this. Much to my dismay! I know there was a Cataclysm one so I thought I'd share with you all my enthusiasm for the up coming expansion!

[​IMG]

Official Cinematic:

[YOUTUBE]wvYXoyxLv64[/YOUTUBE]​

For a full list of all the new features: Mists of Pandaria - Game Guide - World of Warcraft

Let me give you a quick run down:

• Level cap will be 90
    • New Continent: Pandaria
    • New race: Pandarian
    • New Class: Monk
    • Pet battle system (Yes, pokemon'ish) :eusa_doh:

Obviously there's going to LOADS more content than that, including the new raids etc...

See you there! :thumbsup:

2. Hawthorne

Raided since vanilla so burned out on wow.

3. ForceAndVerve

Yeeeeeeeee....I can imagine. I only started playing wow during Wrath so I'm still relatively new to it. I'm sure my time to quit will come at some point though! :eusa_doh:

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Ah, I would soooo be into it if I hadn't had quit! xD I started palying since BC and had to stop when cata came out. I just cannot handle being a casual player on that thing!

I am playing a 10 day free pass right now though. Waiting in queue for WSG :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: xD

5. ForceAndVerve

PVP.....ewww :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Hazel

Too little, too late. Seeing Pandaren made me happy inside, though.

7. Tim

Tim

I too despise PvP, but battlegrounds... I dunno, for some reason, I find battlegrounds insanely fun. xD

8. Hawthorne

I guess I am gonna be an oddball haha 2600 glad and a hardcore raider oh those were the days when I didn't care about college :3

9. Schabanak

I want to play MoP :frowning2:, but I do not have the money for it

10. Andane

I'm actually looking forward to MoP too. It looks like they're making a lot of improvements, especially in regards to the talent system. I actually haven't played WoW since June, but that's mainly because my account ran out and I had already pre-ordered Guild Wars 2. However, since GW2 comes out this month and MoP in September, I have a whole month to play it and decide which one I like more, because they both look good.

11. rg93

I've lost all enthusiasm for WoW, me and my parents had been playing since day 1 (few breaks in there, ofc) but after a few months after cata, we just didn't feel it any more and quit. So Guild Wars 2 is on my list and will hopefully be fun. :slight_smile:

Just got a wierd idea, we should make EC clans and guilds in the big-title MMOs we play and own all the things and be fabulous! :grin: Although it might go against the forum guidelines. :frowning2:

12. GreenRaven

I can't wait for MOP! I got to be in beta and while I didn't play much, what I did play was a lot of fun! I'm a casual player who does a little bit of raiding, but the past few times my guild has downed deathwing my internet has been crap (i'm living in a motel) so i wasn't able to be there despite being a part of the core raid group :frowning2: but they said they'd get me the kill soon as i have good net :grin: i know the fights and everything just couldn't stay connected. ugh.

i'ma make panda a hunter. they start with turtle pets, i shall name him "omnomnom" X3

13. ForceAndVerve

Release dates 25th Septmeber. Hope your getting better net soon! :icon_bigg

14. GreenRaven

i'll have better net as of tuesday night. when i move away from this motel to my parent's house hahah. can't wait to down him! the guild felt so bad when i had to get replaced since i've been there since they started dragonsoul. we used to wipe a million times on the stupid gunship, but we finally got that down my first night here, and then i couldn't stay connected for spine and madness. they did spine 9 man and then did madness another night with a replacement for me. now i think they're fine-tuning everything and trying heroic ds inbetween doing firelands since we've never done it. i feel so left out and it sucks, but i know that once i have good net they'll help me catch up. they're awesome like that. best guild ever!

15. Schabanak

Heroic Madness is lame :rolle:
    (killed him firsttry xD)

16. ForceAndVerve

Sounds like a great bunch of people your raiding with! I got into wow because of my uni mates. Such good memories of doing a raid then sitting in the louge afterwards eating kebabs!

Hope you get some Heroic DS action as well. :icon_wink

17. Sherri

I quit WoW after Cata hit and tried to go back a few times to find it's just not the same game it used to be. Not challenging. It really makes me quite sad. Seeing the changes they're implementing for MoP, especially the one where you just pick one talent to have out of the tier on the tree instead of distributing points, makes me really not tempted at all to buy MoP.

18. Andane

Really? I think that was a change for the better. It makes each choice much more meaningful and gives each talent a use for different situations. The old system really only gave you a few real choices after taking the boring, mandatory talents like "increase attack power by X%"

19. Tim

Tim

Just to update people:

Worgen and Goblins will be capable of being created even without Cataclysm next week. (5.0.4 launches on Tuesday, AKA the new talents, the Theramore scenario (goodbye my beloved level 30 questing hub :frowning2:), account-wide pets, account-wide mounts, account-wide achievements, pretty much the expansion patch without the new continent/race/class as per usual. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

On Launch Day, Pandaren are going to be creatable even without Mists of Pandaria, but Monks will not be. They want people to be able to choose the race that best defines the character they create, even if they don't have expansions. Launch day will also see Pet Battles released, even to those without Mists of Pandaria.

Death Knights are still restricted to Wrath of the Lich King and Monks to Mists of Pandaria though.

And the Mobile Armory/Guild Chat/Auction House Remote? Yea. It just went Free. :3 So if you have an Android/iphone/ipod and an active WoW subscription, you can now talk to your guild on your phone for free when not playing, use the auction house, and even browse the armory. :3

20. Hawthorne

Blargh I got talked into coming back to play but atleast its as a monk and not some silly other class.