1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 Games.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by DarkClarity, Aug 21, 2012.

1. DarkClarity

I brought a PS3 about a month ago and I have a few games for it already but I still not 100% sure which games to try out.
    I already have:
    Final Fantasy 13 & Final Fantasy 13-2
    Sonic Generations
    God of War HD collection (So the first two GoW games) I'm going to get God of War 3 soon.

I was think of buying the Devil May Cry HD collection and DMC 4.

But what other games are there that you would recommend buying? I don't really like shooter games like Call of Duty and Battlefield. I like games with a great story.

2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

I really like dead space. Idk if you're into space apocalyptic thing. Lol. Devil may cry is good too. Play skyrim if you're into fantasy & medieval.

3. Bolin

Batman: Arkham Asylum and its sequel, Batman: Arkham City!

4. Level75

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Wouldn't recommend 2 or 3 yet. 1 was modestly entertaining to me, but not enough for me to want to play the rest of the trilogy. So play the first game and decided for yourself before you're ready to commit to buying the other 2. But 1 is definitely worth a try.

...oh damnit, just read you didn't like shooters. All well. It's a great story though!

Skyrim, of course, is very popular. But that's only a recommendation if you don't have it in one of its other formats.

5. castle walls

If you'd like a game with a great story, I highly recommend the psychological thriller, Heavy Rain. In this game, you're trying to stop a killer. If you research the game, try and stay away from spoilers. The game looks amazing and the soundtrack was incredibly well done. Although, some people don't like the game because they feel it is basically an interactive movie.

Catherine is another story heavy game you may enjoy. It's been described as a puzzle game combined with psychological horror and a dash of adventure added in. You play as a character named Vincent who is having nightmares (the puzzle part of the game) and those that don't solve the puzzle die in their sleep. The game explores topics like love, responsibility, and honesty. That may sound dull but the game is far from it.

In both games, your actions determine the ending you'll have. You should check out both trailers

Trailer for Heavy Rain
    [YOUTUBE]JKPPdgBK3r8[/YOUTUBE]

Trailer for Catherine
    [YOUTUBE]4lBSAZuQ1o0[/YOUTUBE]

6. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

I love heavy rain. :3

7. castle walls

Heavy Rain is one of my favorite games! The story is amazing. Which is probably why 75% of people that play Heavy Rain complete the game as opposed to 25% of other games (at least according to David Cage)

8. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

I've played the demo. Buying the game is on my list. :grin:

9. Vanille

Like others have said before me Heavy Rain is awesome. I borrowed it from a friend and I didn't want to give it back lol. Your decisions really do matter in that game and some of them end up effecting certain parts of the story. Which is why it's so fun because there are multiple ways the story can unfold. I also recommend the Assassin's Creed games.

10. vyvance

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls

11. DarkClarity

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm definitely going to check out Heavy Rain, Dead Space and Skyrim.

12. BornAnew

Ratchet & Clank : A Crack In Time

Really fun platformer/shooter game...you even have space missions in it which is awesome.

Uncharted 2 & 3 ...skip Uncharted 1 imo....2 & 3 are amazing. You won't find better graphics and if you love 3rd person shooters & online co-op it's definitely for you. Not to mention the main character Drake is HOT!

Metal Gear Solid 4, Batman Arkham City, Valkyria Chronicles

Saved the best for last...Littlebigplanet 2...one game with millions more in it. You can make your own platformer type games & play games other have made. The best thing about this game is that you can boot it up a months later & have thousands of new levels made by people to play.

13. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I have to agree with those who recommended Uncharted; even though I usually prefer games with deeper gameplay, the Uncharted games are actually pretty fun, though I've only finished the first one.

If you like that fantasy/RPG sort of genre, Skyrim is great on any system and I would also highly recommend Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age: 2. (They even let you make your character gay or bisexual and have same-sex romances!).

If you like the Western genre at all, Red Dead Redemption is still awesome.