1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone 4S battery

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by SkyDiver, Aug 29, 2012.

1. SkyDiver

I got it yesterday, used it til it got to around 2%, and then left it charging all night long (is that bad)?

Now, at 5:06PM, it's at 42%. Is that normal?

2. Your battery life highly depends on how you are using your phone and how the settings are set up on your phone.
    For example, for better battery life, don't have the brightness on your screen turned up all the way all the time.
    Watching videos or playing games eats up a lot of battery. (Pretty much anything to do with your screen being on and active for long periods of time eats up a lot of battery.)

As for charging all night long, I don't know if that's bad or not. I don't think so, though. I leave my phone plugged in while I sleep every night.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Also, you'll want to make sure that you do not have a ton of programs running. To see what programs you have running, double click the home button. Then, if you want to stop a program, just hold you finger on the icon. The icons will begin to shake. You will see a little minus sign in the upper left hand corner of the icon. Click on that and the program will stop running.

4. SkyDiver

Thank you both. I sure know a lot more than I did yesterday. :slight_smile:

The phone is definately growing on me!

5. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    Another tip is to turn off push notifications that you don't need. If your phone keeps turning on over and over again it will also eat up a lot of battery.

6. SkyDiver

I did that among a number of other things. It's helped so much. Now I'm not seeing the percentage drop every minute like before. :slight_smile:

7. Vesper

I've heard that using Airplane Mode helps, because the phone won't eat up battery power looking for Wi-Fi or 3G signals. Of course, you should turn it off when you need to have access to the Internet, but otherwise, using Airplane Mode can keep your iPhone running for a longer period of time. What also tends to drain battery power quickly are location finders and GPS apps, so use those only when really needed.

I've also heard it suggested that letting the phone's battery completely drain before recharging helps in the long-term.

#7 Vesper, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  8. jeffersonM4367

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    things with iPhone 4s- use it as you want, it was made for that reason. do not panic, iPhone 4s is something you can really rely on. To save battery power you can turn off unwanted things. while i am home mine is always charging, didnt have any problem so far.

9. jony8472

I found when I got my replacement 4S the firt couple of charges ran down really quickly - 100->10 percent in one day, but after the first couple it stop running down so quickly and lasts a couple of days; depending on how I use it.