1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What playlists do you listen to?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Owen, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I know I'm probably not the only one who listens to music while I work, so what sorts of playlists do you guys listen to while working or doing other things?

If I'm doing something that doesn't require much focus, like surfing the web or grinding in World of Warcraft, I'll listen to a list I call "Recent", which is a list that automatically updates to include all of the songs I've downloaded in the last month and deletes the ones that are older than that. It currently contains a good amount of songs from Rock Band, since I've been playing Rock Band for the past month.

When I'm doing homework and it's not just busywork, like if I'm writing a paper, I listen to a list I call "Timeless". All of the songs on there are songs I have had for more than a month and that I still like. I listen to this while doing focused work since I know the song really well and they don't distract me. If there's a song that I'm 95% sure will make it on to that list, I put in on and take i off later if I don't like it.

On both lists, songs are listed in order of date downloaded. Recent starts with the most recent, while Timeless starts with the ones I downloaded the longest ago.

2. When I'm doing homework I'll listen to my "Favorites" playlist which, im guessing you've figured out, has all my favorite songs in it. Other than that ill either put my entire library on shuffle or listen to sixxmixxes which are basically half hour long mashups of random songs.

3. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So far I usually listen to all my songs on shuffle, or recent stuff if I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep it. When I'm studying I listen to an instrumental playlist including lots of classical music or any rock/other music which doesn't include lyrics

4. Rette

Currently listening to a playlist titled "White Girl Roadtrip Music". It's mostly female vocalists/pop music.

5. davo-man

I listen to a playlist called Purchased, which was originally the 11 songs I purchased from iTunes, but after i got bored of them i added other stuff, eventually deleting the original 11. Now it's at a constant number of 25 songs, no more no less, and I listen to it constantly. I change it around every 5 days with new stuff I downloaded, but if a song is good it can last on there for like a year

6. hellohowlow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    slash- hangers and beggars on

7. Elicitra

Hmm it depends on my mood. If I'm gaming my wubstep playlist, if I'm mike-spamming my pony playlist, if I'm bored and procrastinating like I'm doing right now I put on the anime playlist. Currently listening to Black+White ^.^.

8. CuriousSilence

If im working at college I listen to lindsey stirling or some halo soundtracks, if im feeling hype i might listen to some dubstep but other than that i listen to my metal playlists; skindred, 5fdp, system of a down, slipknot, canibal corpse and lamb of god. If it isnt painfully loud it dosnt keep my attention

9. Candace

I like mainstream, pop/rock playlists. Beatles, Michael Jackson and Lady Gaga are also available. I also like classical music playlists, like Bach, Beethoven, and Mozart.

10. coming out

coming out Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I always have music on Never get tire of Elvis

11. SecretlyASloth

I listen to a lot of Bway stuff; but I've recently been obsessed with Electronic house dance music....

12. Candace

I like Elvis as well :slight_smile:

13. Sardonic

Electronic music is king right now, but it's tiring me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I am a fan of the older stuff in that genre, from late 90s, early 2000s, but I also enjoy the new stuff. I've been a electronic music fan since as long as I can remember. When I was younger my dad had a CD (remember those?) called "Dance Like It's 2003" and I remember listening to it all the time in his car. It was a prank gift to him but I loved it.