1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod Touch... Internet & Bluetooth adapter

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Grantious, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Grantious

Hey sexy people,

I found this on the interent http://www.nextag.com/ipod-bluetooth-adapter/search-html
    as some of you already know the iphone is not out in australia... (Stupid Telstra) anyway so as a compensation i got a Ipod Touch... <<< The ipod has wifi but obviously does not have bluetooth or access to the EDGE network so i found that adapter. It was built for a bluetooth headset but i'm wondering if any of you know if you can use that adaper in conjuntion with a mobile phone to access the internet via the 3g network???

I know its a long shot but yeah

Catch ya's

2. Alex89

And I agree - stupid Telstra! They can't even bring the iPhone to Australia on Telstra (Optus and Vodafone might have a shot though...), because Telstra'a about to shut down their CDMA network and the iPhone ISN'T 3G (why Apple why?!).

How's your iPod touch, by the way? Worth the price?

Oh yeah, and have you used Jailbreak on your Touch so you can put all the third-party iPhone apps and games on it? I've been looking around and there are some awesome free programs you can put on it like a gameboy advance emulator and stuff.

Whoops got off-topic. Anyways, I'd doubt there would be a way to get on the internet via a 3G network because you'd need a SIM card since it charges for data rates, and where would you put the card?

3. Wired106

Hey Grantious, I also have an ipod touch that I got a few weeks ago. You got to check this out though. Look up videos on youtube, or google about Jailbreak. Type in like Jailbreak Ipod Touch. What jailbreaking is, is that it allows you to access third party applications on your ipod touch. You can download thousands of different programs and do so much, it's absolutely incredible. When I first got my ipod touch, I learned how to Jailbreak it, and I was able to completely customize it and put backgrounds and put applications on my ipod. It was awesome but, I decided to take off the program because I bought the update and it automatically erased the program. Anyways, check out Jailbreak on youtube and see what you can do to your ipod. It's awesome. (You have to hack your ipod, and there are numerous websites/videos that tell you how to do it). If you want to know more on how I did it and the easiest way to do it, just send me a message and I'll send you the directions. Cya later. :icon_wink

4. CrimsonThunder

I want to jailbreak mine but I don't have wireless internet. :cry:

Yeah the touch is good Alex, but if you need more room get a Classic, which are great too! Really stylish. :slight_smile:

5. Grantious

Ipod Touches Rule!!!