1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo 3 - your best Forge creations?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Alex89, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Alex89

I spent 3 hours messing around in Forge last night, and managed to make a truly awesome map (in my opinion).

I originally started modifying high Ground, with another big wall outside the fort wall. I started adding crates to make sniper towers beyond it, before discovering something - if you place an object on top of another object, leave it for a few seconds without it moving (so its spawn point locks in that place) and remove the object it's resting on, it'll stay floating there until you touch it. Then it'll fall down and roll, and then respawn and repeat after your set respawn time.

Using this, I managed to make an automatic fusion-coil (explosive crate) launcher behind the wall! Each time a fusion coil would spawn it would drop to the ground from 6 feet in the ait and roll down to a grav lift that chucked it over the wall into a pile of propane tanks and breakable wood pallets. :icon_bigg

Everything would then respawn every 10 seconds and repeat by itself, effectively meaning the attacking team (coming up the beach in assault) would only have 10 second windows to get up half the beach before EVERYTHING exploded around them and killed them instantly. :eusa_danc

So what creations have you guys made? Any new contraptions or crazy forts? Screenshots welcome. :grin: