1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kinsey App

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Romi, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Romi

2. Fisnou

The link doesn't seem to work... unless it's just me?

3. Laevigatae

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So basically it just tracks everything you do and then dumps all the collected data into their servers? No! Better yet, you report everything on your own. A good platform for trolling, huh? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

One downloads the aforementioned application, then, right off the bat, reports the aforesaid "sexual violence"? Fare-thee-well! So how exactly such a piece of research is supposed to be credible in any way?

Aye, sure.

I may be putting on airs, but such an application is only fit to said application-addicts.

PS: Fisnou, the web-site might have been down the last time you checked it; the links are the correct ones. If they still don't open up, then your ISP is to blame. You can try using web-based proxies, though.

#3 Laevigatae, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  4. Fisnou

The link worked this time - it must've been my connection or the website.

Not sure I'm too keen on that app. So basically you would record things like who you kiss, who you sleep with, when and how often, etc...?

I thought it was an app that would tell you where you lie on the Kinsey scale... (or does it?) The name is misleading!

5. J Snow

Hmmm, I can for see a potential problem with this app. It probably appeals to certain groups more than others. Let's say it tries to compare how much homosexual sex people engage in compared to heterosexual sex. Well the core audience for this app is likely going to be people who are involved in LGBT rights and thus familiar with Alfred Kinsey and his research.

So this isn't really a true scientific experiment, in order to get actually useful data the test subjects would need to be randomly selected. So in other words, the data this app collects probably isn't going to be all that viable.