1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guild Wars 2 :)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Zaio, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Hey EC!

So, anyone fancy doing some gaming together? Dungeons/Zone completion etc. I'm on 'Ring of Fire' so if anyone is on that then it will be made much easier, but I believe that Anet have implemented the ability to visit other worlds temporarily now.

If anyone is interested then, due to forum rules you must be a Full Member and private message me, so please don't post any information in this thread that could remotely compromise your identity in any way.

To mods: I have received Martin's permission to post this thread.

To others: How has your experiences been in Gw2 so far? What progress have you made? Currently I have a level 80 elementalist with 9 level 80 exotic items, and a level 33 ranger. I am really loving the farm as an 80, I am constantly farming gold on my elementalist and it doesn't really get dull, I'm amazed how everything in the game is pretty fun, even the most grueling of tasks.

However, I must say that the level 80 dungeon 'Arah' was a huge disappointment. Zhaitan being the hardest boss currently in game, was even easier than the bosses in the level 30 dungeon 'Ascalonian Catacombs', however I have heard that explorable mode is not possible unless everyone has the best exotics, and that certain types of classes are needed. I guess it's not too bad, but story should be a lot harder imo.

I am interested to know if anyone has gotten a legendary or mystic item yet? Or if anyone has gotten 100% exploration yet. I am considering it as I have heard the reward is a piece used in legendary items, but am unsure.

I'll stop now before I end up writing an essay on this game. Anything you guys would like to highlight? :slight_smile:

2. vyvance

I'm currently level 50-ish as a Human Warrior. I'm in no rush to reach max level, just exploring the world doing whatever. A lot of homework lately, so I haven't been playing much. Hope to get more playing time once I'm done with some of this.

3. sanguine

same, Im a level 60 asura necromancer, I only ever level maybe 5 times a day if I am lucky, Ive only done the ascalonian dungeon with my mates and it was time consuming and very annoying when it came to vsing the lovers.

4. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Exploring is nice, but the game truly begins at 80 I believe, as so much more possibilities open up. However, of course homework would restrict the time you have to level so understandable.

The twins in AC aren't too bad, it's much easier if you have an elementalist for tornado or ranger for point-blank shot. Even if you don't, you can always just waypoint as soon as you die then rush back in, as long as 1 person is alive at all times then they will go down. Expect a high repair bill, lol.

5. vyvance

Just pound them with rocks and watch them bounce helplessly.

6. Andane

Wow, I must be really slow or something, I'm only level 20. But yeah, I think it's pretty fun so far. I like the flexibility of the classes and the fact that I don't have action bars lining the edges of my screen to accommodate 50 different abilities at once. And I think a lot of people might think otherwise, but I actually kinda like those little jumping puzzle things to find all the different vista points. But yeah, my only real character right now is a charr engineer, although all the classes look fun :icon_bigg And I think it'd be fun to play together

7. Kidd

Kidd Guest

This. The lovers were pretty tough until we started pelting Ralena with boulders. And I have to say that Ascalonion Catacombs is by far the hardest dungeon. I've only done a few but the others don't even compare to that one, especially Lt. Kohler in explorable. Before they patched him, he was nearly impossible, but my group did beat him finally. (I haven't done it since then.) The scorpion wire pull is insane.

But anyway, I just hit 80 today on my Engineer. I finally bought some fancy armor for myself, saving up to get some Peacekeeper pistols and grinding WvW for badges because I want a set of Invader armor too. I also rolled a guardian but I'm probably going to shelf her and start an elementalist instead.

8. vyvance

Elementalist seems like fun, but I played a Elementalist for the entirety of GW1 so I'm trying to stay away and do something new in GW2.

9. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Well, I think twilight arbor was harder than AC explorable, but to be fair when I did AC explorable, the team had a perfect combination of classes... Guardian pull, longbow ranger with a bear, and 3 elementalists was pretty damn beastly.

Try Arah explorable though... First time I did it the team wiped on the first mobs, not even a boss.

My first class in Gw1 was also an ele, the reason I rolled ele in Gw2 was because they have the most abilities possible, and I'm one of the players who prefers the massive amount of abilities in WoW due to the huge versatility that comes with them, so I figured elementalist would have the most utility.

10. sanguine

All I can say is when you see an event pop up, you sprint your ass off to get there, or you try WvW and hope you dont wait in a queue forever

11. Kidd

Kidd Guest

What do you guys think about the jump puzzles? I finished both of the WvW ones last night and the Eternal Battlegrounds one especially is insane. It didn't help that a ton of people from some random Blackgate guild were griefing it either, but I finally finished. Anyone know of any that are worth doing?

12. vyvance

I enjoy the jump puzzles. Tricky jumps followed by a boss fight, with an achievement and chest containing roughly 3 items at the end. Only done a couple of the low level area ones so far, as the boss fights get really hard the higher level area you go to.

13. Zaio

Zaio Guest

I enjoy jump puzzles that have a reward at the end, certainly not the annoyingly long ones to get to a vista, lol.

There was an absolutely huge asura jump puzzle I saw on youtube, I can't really remember it's name though, but it looked very hard and grueling, lol.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuYCgXP8Ym4

14. HarleyQ

I've been debating whether or not to play... My friend Ian has been bugging me for a while now. I can't decide between Guild Wars 2 or Tera... lol.

But it sounds like GW2 has more fans over here :slight_smile: I might have to check it out

15. Aquafin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a lvl 44 asura necromancer!!!!! I'd be down to game later.

16. Mobiusponder

I've been playing. Wrong server, though, I think.
    I have an 80 and a few others.

17. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Don't suppose any of you 80s found a farm route for Arah explorable? I just finished getting 2 sets of exotics and flame legion gear on my ele, would like some Arah gear for my hopefully soon-to-be 80 guardian, but it appears that nobody has found an appropriate farm route yet.

Oh, and I ended up getting 100% exploration anyway, if anyone was wondering the reward is 2 gift of the explorer used in legendary weapons and a little star next to your level.

18. Bosco

Finally hit 80 on my Ele! School is ramping up big time though so I don't know how much free time I'll have... Anyways, I've been itching to try CoF so if anyone wants to that'd be neat :slight_smile:

19. Sherri

I've been playing =D. Not much, since I've had to move and life has gotten a little bit busy, but some. I've got two level 24s, both Sylvari, one a ranger and the other a mesmer. I really like both classes. I want to try out my Asura elementalist next. I liked my Charr thief. The only things I hated were Norns and necromancers. I'm loving taking it slow and exploring :3. What servers have you guys ended up on?

20. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Well if you're on Ring of Fire then join me, I farm it all the time. I just finished the full set (helm, shoulders, chest, gloves, legs and boots) working towards the legendary piece now though. It is a very easy dungeon, very fast but you need the right group if you want to do it right. Some public groups I've been with have taken like 40 minutes lol, my guild usually does runs in about 13 mins now though, ever since the recent magg update.

You might want to start farming it loads though, it will be buffed again shortly I predict, as it is still way too easy.

My guild and I are still working on finding a farmable Arah explorable route too, so you should try that out as well. It's pretty fun but hard even with everyone in the group wearing full exotic beserker gear.

I attended the beta weekends which was lucky because it gave me time to figure out what class I want to be, but if you like classes with a huge amount of utility then you'll love elementalist. I wasn't even remotely bored getting to 80, however I am already bored with my ranger and guardian, but of course that may be due to doing it all over again.

Yeah exploring is great, you might want to start doing 100% zone completion if you haven't already, you usually get a black lion chest key as well 2 items and 40 of some material. When you get to orr the materials are easily worth 1g+

Ring of Fire myself, how about you?

#20 Zaio, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2012